Allegra Summerfield

CharlottefromCA

User Friendly
Reaction score
Unique beauty with IMG, featured on MDC

Her name is Allegra and she is a new American beauty docked at IMG, hitting the New Faces circuit in NYC for the first time. She looks like no other girl on the market right this minute and carries with her a spirit of gentle elegance that renders her rare beauty even more precious.

allegrasummerfield2010.jpg

source: models.com

ALLEGRA SUMMERFIELD AT IMG: A RELEVANT BEAUTY
I met Allegra last night at an IMG New Faces brief where the girls were given a kind of impromptu seminar on how to navigate the high stress maze that is a model's first fashion week. It was lovely seeing luminaries like KCD's Nian Fish and a casting director like Ashley Brokaw as well as therapists and nutritionists being so kind and clear with the girls as to what to expect on their casting rounds. It was a good evening with a good energy and I struck up a conversation with Allegra after an agent introduced her. Earlier I had been snooping around the development board (because my true love in this industry is development boards ) and I had been struck by the sharp beauty Allegra displayed on her comp card. Allegra and I talked about New York and its openess to different ideas of beauty, the drama of bad hairdressers who had damaged her hair resulting in the brilliant decision to just crop it all...her sweet gratitude about being included among "all these beautiful girls" . A girl with gorgeous features and a shaved head is a fantastic proposition because there is so much you can do with the visual. High 70's chic, 90's androgyne, a TankGirl redux...an imaginative stylist, editor , photographer or designer could really carry on with this feeling. But even better than the look is Ms Summerfield's personality. Her ambiance was very delicate, open and affecting. I kinda just ended up adoring her...innocence and newness. Girls like this are what make me want to keep doing my job.

screenshot20100902at6pr.jpg

theimagist.com

^New favorite...she's VERY special indeed. Love her vibe.

It might be stupid to contrast her to Sinead O'Connor simply because of the shaved head so I won't make that connection but rather on that equal amount of emotion sent through their faces. Even if you watch "Nothing Compares to You" without sound, you get the storyline.

It's one thing for the eyes to photograph pretty and appealing but it's a whole different story to engage the viewer through the eyes. That and her chiseled features embody a sort of elegance that is refreshing and intriguing and mastering how to use all those elements together make not only for a powerful look but a powerful girl.

^You just summed up her appeal perfectly @ax80. Kudos.

to be honest i did not understand it when i saw her mdc polaroids
but i just looked at her entire book at img
and she is exquisite

Soulful and stunning...what a combo. Will she be walking this season or is IMG still just building the buzz?

She has no showcard, but I think she is probably going to be doing the castings no? I don't see why an agency would build up a girl's buzz 1 season in advance..

^Very true, just reread the post above which stated she will be doing NY castings..just not sure how IMG handles their development board in terms of fashion week. An exclusive for a blue-chip show would be a lovely introduction (CK/Marc/Prada/Balenciaga/Givenchy). Hope she's got a powerful strut to match her image)? Fingers crossed for Allegra.

Last edited by a moderator:
She's definitely doing castings - just saw her over the weekend :smile:

I really dislike those polas, but the nudes are STUNNING. It will be interesting to see her at NYFW.

^ i agree, like 100%
the polaroids are borderline bad actually
i hate what she's wearing too

I agree that her polas not do her any justice - but, me oh my those are some impressive tests :o:heart:

Sweet but edgy at the same time...happy to see her @CR and hope she keeps the buzz cut. Its working on her.

I would've never guessed she was American. She is gorgeous! That outfit @ Charlotte Ronson makes her look plain Jane. Her look is perfect for Milan & Paris!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->