Allure October 2011 : Olivia Wilde by Carter Smith

Wow at Karlie's lol. She looks really pretty! Love her ed

I'm surprised, I really like the cover and editorial!
Reminds me of Glamour from the 70s or 80s when
all their covers where head and shoulder portraits.
And Olivia looks simply beautiful with minimal make up.
They should be shot for all that text, though.

I was quite surprised when I stumbled upon Karlie's ed. It's the first time I see her topless and sexy in an ed. Usuallky she's very vanilla/good girl, but I guess now that she's 19 she'll take more risks.

Just finished reading this issue, it's full of great articles and i loved all the edits...this issue was as thick as the sept. issue!

The rest...

The Maestro of Hair | Odile Gilbert
Model:
Coco Rocha
Makeup: James Kaliardos
Stylist: Siobhan Bonnouvrier
Photographer: Alex Cayley

Fresh Coats
Model:
Suvi
Hair: Peter Gray
Photographer: Regan Cameron

Revolutionary Road
Model:
Britt Maren
Hair: Serge Normant
Makeup: Dotti
Stylist: Paul Cavaco
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier

With such prominent text and diminutive make-up, Olivia almost disappears on this cover.

The Maestro of Hair | Odile Gilbert
Model:
Coco Rocha
Prop Stylist: Jason Curtis
Manicure: Gina Viviano
Photographer: Alex Cayley

oh-so-coco.tumblr.com

Re: Karlie Kloss

The nudity makes absolutely no sense...it's almost like her agents decided that now was the time to grow up. I feel like if they wanted her to go edgy, then place her in a Euro mag where they can do this sort of thing more seamlessly.

Karlie is almost like an movie star in a way because she's gotten so much attention and is treated like a celebrity, so you have to be strategic about these shoots when the girl has grown up in the public eye.

^ It depends on what her and her agents plans are for her, if they want her to be the next Daria or Natalia, then edgy, European makes sense, but if she and her agents aspirations are leaning towards the Gisele or Heidi space, then this ed and the other moves makes sense.

Love, love, love close-up covers! Just saw this at B&N....even more beautiful in person!

The nudity makes absolutely no sense...it's almost like her agents decided that now was the time to grow up. I feel like if they wanted her to go edgy, then place her in a Euro mag where they can do this sort of thing more seamlessly.

Well, Sasha's "Best of Beauty" editorial last year also had partial nudity and there have been other editorials like this in Allure before too. It's not that uncalled for.

The Big Time
Star: Olivia Wilde
Photographer: Carter Smith
Hair: Ken O'Rourke
Make-Up: Makky P
Stylist: Paul Cavaco

imcmag

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member