AM/PM routine for washing face and shaving

goeth314

Reaction score
I have been trying for some time to develop the ultimate routine for washing my face everyday. A routine so good that there will be no need to break it.
I still haven't found it, but now that I have moved from Neutrogena to Clinique I think I am almost there.

My skin is not too oily in general, and I hardly ever breakout, yet I think I have small pores.
Note: I'm trying to use the same routine as the guy in American Psycho, for those who know.

I wanted to share this with you, and get your opinions.

PM
In the shower (a quick one), before going to bed

- St. Ives face scrub
- Liquid Face Wash for me from Clinique.
After brushing my teeth I apply
- Scruffing Lotion for men by Clinique, followed by
- Pore Minimizer Refining Lotion also by Clinique.

AM
Take a shower and use
- Face scrub for men from Clinique
I shave at the sink, I use
- a fine layer of M Lotion moisturizer by Clinique, then without rinsing it I apply
- Nivea shaving cream (to be changed soon for Clinique's), I leave it on for a few minutes.
Then I shave, and splash my face with cool water.
Finally I use
- very little of the same scruffing lotion again in the areas that haven't been shaved,
- a little of the Oil Control Hydrator for men by Clinique on the T zone, and finally
- Post Shave Soother Beard Control Formula by Clinique as an aftershave.

I don't wash my face or anything else during the rest of the day.

What do you guys think? Too many products? Love 'em all. Do I use them in the wrong order? Any comments are welcome.

Nick

seems fine to me. I like a man who takes alot of pride in his appearance.
I dont know about too many products as i dont shave oviously as im a girl so i dont know weather they are all needed. Does your skin ever seem really dry or tight or sore because this would mean you were using to many products.

Thank you!

Nah, my skin is not usually dry. I don't like to use moisturizer in general. I don't use eye creams and stuff for wrinkles either.

However I like to carry a Clinique concealer even if I really don't use it. (Knowing that it is there for any situation is a reassuring feeling).

I highly recommend to all of you the book American Psycho.

Eeek @ Clinique and St. Ives Products:doh: They reak havoc on my skin. But do whatever works for you, just make sure you arent irritating your skin. which could cause more oiliness and break outs.:flower:

I've heard that a lot of Clinique and St. Ives products are a bit aggressive on the skin.
Need to be very gentle with these cleansers.

Neutrogena and Clean and Clear worked fine when I was a teenager, but these ones work wonders for me now.

I don't get breakouts/oil, so I'll keep using them.
Thanks for the tip anyway.

So that was it for washing your face.

Here are the tips for shaving. All the products are from Clinique, but use whichever you work for you.

After scrubbing in the shower, press a hot towel against your face for two minutes to soften abrasive beard hair. Then slather on M Lotion and let it soak in for a minute.

You can rinse it off or, like I do, keep it on and apply M Shave Aloe Gel preferably with a brush since this will soften the beard as it lifts the whiskers (makes the removing of the hair easier).

This technique will prevent water from evaporating and will reduce the friction between your skin and the blade (Gillete Mach 3 Turbo). Wet the razor several times with warm water before shaving and shave in the direction the beard grows, pressing gently on the skin. Leave the sideburns and chin for last since these whiskers are tougher and need more time to soften. Rinse the razor and shake off any excess water before starting.

Afterwards splash cool/cold water on the face to remove any trace of lather several times. When this shaving process is over, go back to the routine I described above.

I know it sounds tedious, but I enjoy every step of it.

Venús As A Boy said:
Seems harsh... all that scrubing!
You only need to scrub gently once in the shower.

At night, before the Liquid Face wash, you can (totally optional) use 7 day scrub cream by Clinique (I've found out that it works better than St. Ives).

You can use it 3 or 4 times a week if you prefer.

If you're gentle (don't press too hard), it won't be harsh at all.

So far ur tips seem great but sadly I lack of time to do all of this ritual daily.

I use oatmeal soap mostly to wash my face.

My friend told me Shiseido for men is the softest cleansers. The lotion is very "doux"

True.
It's definitely time consuming. It takes me about 30 minutes in the morning and another 20 at night.

Since it keeps my skin clear (it'd probably still be clear without all this), I stick to it religiously.

I enjoy every step of it, in fact I'm always looking forward to shaving, it's my favourite moment.
Btw, change the St. Ives scrub for Clinique scrub in my thread.

I'm sure Shiseido is fine. Is it expensive?

What is your routine?

Shiseido cleanser price around $40, in geneva I found Sfr. 46,-. Their research is in very delicate and rare stuff, like Sisley product from Paris and La Prairie from Switzerland, no wonder the price is so expensive.

My routine is Dr Hauschka cleans and tone. Face wash I use Systeme Pureté de Precision Chanel (Purifying foam). I masked 2 times a week with Purifying mask during spring summer, in winter Hydrate Estee Lauder. At night I use rectifiante intense for night.:wub:

It sounds like a good routine.
I never use masks. What is the purifying mask exactly?

goeth314 said:
Note: I'm trying to use the same routine as the guy in American Psycho, for those who know.
Please just don't take after any of his other habits. :innocent:

Nah, don't worry, just this one.
Have you read the book? or just watched the movie?

I'm not an ax murderer!!

goeth314 said:
It sounds like a good routine.
I never use masks. What is the purifying mask exactly?

A mask that clarifying your face skin, it can remove your dead skin cells. Well, it depens your mask. Mine has to purified my pore, because I have big pores around T-zone. If your face lotion can absorb your oil..., you don't have to take mask ritual then.B)

Thanks goeth314, after weeks run I tried the Clinic deep cleansing emergency mask. That's quite good on sensitive skin. It's great to introduce it to me. I don't know Clinic has good products, cause it doesn't suit my skin at all before. Only shampoo line has a great products on me.

You are doing a trully psycho routine!!!

You shouldn´t scrub everyday and even less twice a day! But if oyu really fancy that, use the Clinique 7 day scrub that is much softer. Also, if you are really worried about your skin, use some sun block or a moisturizer with SPF everyday. :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->