Ami S/S 2025 Paris

As some of you may know by now, I am a big fan of minimalist fashion, but this is giving me nothing. This has been done much better and interestingly in the past. If I'm honest, Courrèges might be the only minimalist fashion house creating something that is actually worth your time and money (and it STILL could be better). I guess the standards are so low nowadays, because of the current deplorable state of the fashion industry. This is not good, mediocre at best.
AMI is not minimalist though. It’s not the aesthetic of Alexandre. He has never claimed it or been part of that conversation or movement..
I would say that AMI is a realist.

And maybe part of the interest in Alexandre’s work since the beginning is the fact that it is worn in the streets. You go to Paris, people wears AMI. A lot of my friends wears Ami, so do my husband and I.

It has a very « love it, wear it » quality to it, without any fashion terms attached to it.

I don’t think people look at AMI for anything else than things to wear or shop. I know I don’t lol

I don’t think people look at AMI for anything else than things to wear or shop. I know I don’t lol
Oh it does seem that people in France are wearing AMI because it's some sort of niche or cultural symbol. Maybe that's a Parisian thing, particularly because I've noticed they value ease and practicality. I used to like Parisian style several years ago, but I never was really a true fan. Nowadays I find it like some sort of uniform, an idea I definitely do not adhere to.

Personally I value fashion in terms of creativity of design, not as any sort of symbol and I do love minimalism, because of the clean lines emphasizing silhouettes, the unusual cuts. There's nothing wrong with having a personal distinct style or preference for a particular type of fashion, especially if one is very aware of their personality and tastes and uses fashion as a means of self-expression, so yeah, there's nothing slightly comical about it. In fact, I think it's very important, because it highlights individuality. That's why artists or filmmakers or musicians have a particular style or lean towards a specific aesthetic. It's absolutely normal.

Oh it does seem that people in France are wearing AMI because it's some sort of niche or cultural symbol. Maybe that's a Parisian thing, particularly because I've noticed they value ease and practicality. I used to like Parisian style several years ago, but I never was really a true fan. Nowadays I find it like some sort of uniform, an idea I definitely do not adhere to.

Personally I value fashion in terms of creativity of design, not as any sort of symbol and I do love minimalism, because of the clean lines emphasizing silhouettes, the unusual cuts. There's nothing wrong with having a personal distinct style or preference for a particular type of fashion, especially if one is very aware of their personality and tastes and uses fashion as a means of self-expression, so yeah, there's nothing slightly comical about it. In fact, I think it's very important, because it highlights individuality. That's why artists or filmmakers or musicians have a particular style or lean towards a specific aesthetic. It's absolutely normal.
Yes exactly.
I do look at fashion from a creative standpoint but I also think it’s interesting to see people who approach fashion with a very practical intention.
That’s what was always the attraction with Ami. And it’s also part of his storytelling… He worked at Dior Homme under Hedi, then joined Givenchy where he worked with Oswald, did Riccardo’s first menswear collection before moving to Marc Jacobs. He realized that he contributed to amazing ideas, made beautiful clothes but those clothes didn’t felt real to him because, he couldn’t afford them (at full retail prices) and neither him or his friends were wearing them in their daily lives.,,And that’s how he created his brand and how has been his approach since the beginning.

In a way, Ami has that right balance because Alexandre is a fabulous tailor, it’s honest in terms of fabrics and quality but it’s also interesting in terms of cut of allure. You get at Ami what you don’t get at APC for example.

When I buy designer HF stuff, I look for special pieces. With Ami is different but what I like is how easy to live it is.

Jacquemus, Isabel Marant should call him to ask him about his factory in Portugal because he is doing the work.

Their beat collection to date! It could have been perfect without that diabolical green but it wasn’t enough to ruin this strong offering.

Mixed child from Ralph Lauren and Tommy Hilfiger. I am done with preppy style.

Great cast as always.

Can someone who handles the Vogue Runway app please remove Ami from showing up as the fourth show in the grid?

Stop trying to make Ami happen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dafraz117
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->