Andreas Kronthaler for Vivienne Westwood F/W 2022.23 Paris

oh how i long for the pointed shoulders and bias-cut plaids and joyous fashion shows of the indelible vivienne!

Eerily reminds me of Gaultier's fall 2007 couture collection. A very, very poor recreation of it.

This is just stuff. I don't understand what this is trying to say and even what to look at. I do like the black jacket on Hannah Elyse, so simple and to the point but every other look drowns it out. The models are swamped in fabrics and odd mounds I don't even know where the fabric stops and the silhouette begins. Feels very fashion student draping fabrics on stands in a last minute mentality pre-presentation because they're lazy and didn't do their work.

Love the playful sense, there is the master skill and the genious touch.

I just love that white balloon-Ish dress. So fresh, modern, easy and timeless…The total opposite of the collection. It’s simply styled too.

Everybody is doing the messy, maxy, clash of influences thing but it does not look good when it looks sloppy….And this is very much sloppy.

^That dress and the black one with a corset are the only two redeeming aspects of this show…this brand has potential but they’ve chosen the CSM graduation show route.

Good thing I have the Vivienne Westwood catwalk book, to remind myself of the glory days of this brand and hopefully forget the bunch of nonsense Andreas is so insistent in staging.
I also have a book and his parts of the collection is huge lol. They are not marketing geniuses, the Vivienne corset from the 90s is hot cakes for the tiktok generation. They should design silhouettes with this corset. The main problem with this man is that he can't use drape. Vivienne has a natural flair for the drapery technique.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
inafrombaki
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->