Anna Karina

Thank you Travolta and Polly! Beautiful! Thanks for the article Polly; I'm glad to hear she is still performing and doing movies. As with Jane Birkin, there's nothing more gorgeous than to see a mature woman un-retouched, lines and all, laughing wholeheartedly without a care in the world. :D

I don't think these have been posted:

anna%20KARINA.jpg

members.fortunecity

anna.jpg

www.tachedesign.com/blog/anna.jpg

godard_lepetitsold.jpg

www.antrodellsibilla.it/images/godard_lepetitsoldat.jpg

atkinson.jpg

images.villagevoice.com/issues/0133/atkinson.jpg

All of them i found when i did a Google image search.
Love Anna and I think she has aged so well. :heart: she was a stunner
Anyways, bump! :wink:

I didn't want the post to end. :( I came across film stills from one of her movie, im going to try find them again and post them here...there soooo much fun. :smile:

luxmode said:

Do any of you get associations to "The Dreamers" characters when you look at this picture? I do. The two movies and their characters are obviously verydifferent from eachother, but somehow i just get that association with this picture.
Maybe because of their colouring is similar (physical colouring, hair etc.) and both groups are 2 guys and 1 girl.
Hmm.. just my thoughts.. out loud..

i can see what you mean, browneyes^_^,
thanks for bumping:flower:

Browneyes said:
Do any of you get associations to "The Dreamers" characters when you look at this picture? I do. The two movies and their characters are obviously verydifferent from eachother, but somehow i just get that association with this picture.
Maybe because of their colouring is similar (physical colouring, hair etc.) and both groups are 2 guys and 1 girl.
Hmm.. just my thoughts.. out loud..

well.. yes. ^_^ there was a scene where they re-enacted bande a part. they even cited the film by name and there was an original scene from bande a part inserted in the dreamers (unless i'm totally wrong.. my memories are a strange thing sometimes.. :unsure: ) they were so heavily influenced by the films they watched there had to be similarities, i guess.

here is the louvre-scene from the dreamers:
dreamers_louvre.jpg

(from www.exego.net)

Last edited by a moderator:
ah, that's interesting, northernsky. i only know the trailer of 'dreamers', i never watched it though i'd like to....

I just love this shot. . . (from livejournal community "film_stills")
8.jpg

THose stills are soo great, thanks to both of you! I need to watch more of her movies!!

northernsky said:
well.. yes. ^_^ there was a scene where they re-enacted bande a part. they even cited the film by name and there was an original scene from bande a part inserted in the dreamers (unless i'm totally wrong.. my memories are a strange thing sometimes.. :unsure: ) they were so heavily influenced by the films they watched there had to be similarities, i guess.
You're totally right!
I was at the Venice FF the year the film has been presented and Bertolucci was nearly crying while talking about his Nouvelle Vague initiation and his Godard's Devotion (in Theo-Garrel's room there's a great poster of La Chinoise and some photos from A Bout de Souffle too).

And I love those stills -especially the ones from Une Femme est Une Femme-.

I've scanned some pages from the AK's last cd booklet.

thanks so much for those film stills, almost famous!
the second still from #72 is now the wallpaper on my computer... :heart:
this whole thread is fantastic & v. inspiring by the way, thanks for starting it, anna k!

^ originally from Denmark, but moved to Paris in her late teens i think, to model.. and later acting in many french films, a.o. by Godard

pollym, you are amazing! the third picture of your post must be one of my favourites ever:heart:
thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->