Anne-Sophie Monrad

L'Edito Magazine #4 February 2012

Sortilèges
Photography: Thierno Sy & Raphael Delorme
Style: Christian Biyiha & Madlein Ritch
Make Up: Megumi Itano
Hair: Tomoko Sato
Manicure: Akari Sugino

l'editomagazine.fr / screencaps by me from pdf files therefore some text is missing.

Polaroids

modelwerkpolaroids1.jpg
modelwerkpolaroids2.jpg

modelwerkpolaroids3.jpg
modelwerkpolaroids4.jpg

modelwerk.de

Laha... and Fade to Black
Photography: Paul Farnham
Styling: Jared Green
Make Up: Jamie Thomas
Hair: Peter Beckett

paulfarnham.com

D la Repubblica #779 February 2012

Bianco Riflesso
Photography: Enrique Badulescu
Styling: Roberta Rusconi

mode.newslicious.net

Preview

Anne Sophie Monrad by Thomas Nutzl | Elle Russia September 2012
(Click for HQ!)

Scanned by Stereo_Flo

*This is not a cover

Interview for The Fashion Model Directory

Anne Sophie Monrad hails from Flensburg in Germany and is the daughter of a Danish father and German mother. The green-eyed blonde model has worked as a professional fashion model since 2009 and is currently based in New York.

The model who always dreamt of being a stewardess saw a direction change when a Modelwerk - agent asked her to become a model. Since then she has appeared in several international magazines such as Vogue, Elle, Grey Magazine and Numero Tokyo just to name a few. The young model has also walked the runway for big name designers such as Chanel, Cacharel, Escada, Lacoste, Armani and here again too many to mention. Her waif-like features and the long lean silhouette makes her a natural for the catwalk and in front of the camera. She has also appeared in campaigns for Wunderkind, Nina Ricci, Sephora and Custo Barcelona. The model from Germany has made a name for herself in the fashion industry since she first started her modeling career and from the look of things the road is wide open for her.

On the personal front, she says that she keeps her model figure fit and trim by eating right and exercises a couple of times a week mainly doing Pilates and cardio. When asked about one of the hardest things she had to do in her modeling career, she said, it was the fall/winter campaign on a beach in the Pacific. It was so hot that she had to wear cooling pads under the coat. Never say models have it easy, they just make those photoshoots look effortless and fun but it is hard work. This is one model to watch in the coming years as she seems to have what it takes to make it big in the modeling arena. She has stamina, vitality, a zest for life, loves the work she does and possesses that certain something that the camera loves. She says that her brother calls her, “supercrazyfunkycool!” We think you’re pretty cool ourselves and that is why you’re our model of the month.

Did you always want to be a model, or did you stumble upon it, get discovered etc.? Who or what inspired you to become a model? How did you get started in the modeling business?
No, I always dreamt about becoming a stewardess until the day a Modelwerk-agent asked me to become a Model.

What is your favorite or most exciting aspect about being a model? What do you like least? Have you encountered any surprises along the way? What has been your most awkward moment (of your modeling career)?
One of my favorite things is to travel a lot. It is always very exciting to meet a new culture and new people. Mostly I am far away from my family and friends, so sometimes I love to share all my travel experiences with them.
What’s the funniest thing that happened to you on a photo shoot or fashion show?

Once i worked with a German photographer and he was very concentrated on the shooting and kept forgetting my name.. So he called me Gabi, Stefanie, Heike...

Out of all the places your career has taken you, where was the most memorable?
I was based in Tokyo for about a month. The time there was awesome! Sometimes I went outside the city and saw old and impressive villages of Japan.

What was the hardest photo shoot for you, and why?
A fall/winter-clothes shooting in summer at a beach on the Pacific. I had to wear cooling pads under the coat. Of course I went swimming after the photoshoot!

Is there a difference in posing when you are doing a cover and an editorial?
A cover is often a close up and you have to be very concentrated and imagine that you are reaching a large readership. In an editorial it‘s like a real story where I play a special character or role. Sometimes the client takes a picture from the story and uses it for the cover.

Is there an artistic or general difference in doing editorials/covers in Europe opposed to USA?
No, at least not regarding the work. Maybe there has been. But now sometimes the whole crew flies in from Europe to shoot in the States.

Did anyone in the industry ask you to change your look, name, etc… If so, what did you do?
No.

What tips and advice do you have for aspiring models just starting out, something you wish someone would have told you?
You always have to keep in mind that modeling is all about your body and looks. Try to be yourself at all times, that‘s probably the healthiest attitude.

Have you had any negative experiences with model agencies, talent scouts? What are top 3 warning signs to look out for?
I (knock on wood) have never had any bad experiences with that, but I think you really have to be careful.

Who is your favorite all-time model?
Freja Beha

Best Jean?
An old pair that I just cut into hotpants :wink:

What things in your wardrobe would you never throw away?
All my jackets..

Your favorite store?
Opening Ceremony

What are your best beauty secrets?
Kefir milk, it is so healthy !

Do you have any beauty / skin care tips or tricks to look fresh and rested for early morning photo shoots?
A good face wash and a beauty elixir with essential oils, for example, from Caudalie.

Do you believe in homemade recipes? Do you have one to share with us?
Yes! I use as much natural products as possible. And to protect my hair I mash an avocado, mix it with conditioner and leave it in my hair for a few minutes. Best mask for your hair!

How much attention do you pay to meditation & exercise, or is it all natural? How do you stay in shape?
I try to cook myself, so I know what goes into my food. Apart from a healthy nutrition, I exercise a couple of times per week. (Pilates and cardio.)

What makes you feel sexy?
Lipstick

What is your favorite part about your body?
My hands.

Favorite kind of food:
Sushi

When models say they eat healthy, what do they mean by that?
Well.. It just means no junkfood, no sugar, maybe even vegetarian. They try to eat organic and to eat foods that only consists of natural ingredients.

How would you describe yourself as a human being in three words?
Supercrazyfunkycool!(says my brother-in-law)

What’s controversial or unique about you?
I always carry my air guitar with me.

If you could have one superpower, what would you choose?
To be able to fly would be great!

What would you like to change about yourself if you can choose only one thing?
My feet

What are your favorite things to do in your free time?
Swimming in the sea, baking cakes and to have a good cup of coffee with a friend

Do you have a mentor? Whom? What is it about them that affects you? Why?
My grandmother

Where do you see yourself in ten years? What could be your next career?
Having a little bakery or my own show on TV ..

Do people act different around you since you’ve become a model?
Some people actually do. But my real friends are the same and they still act the same way as they did before I started to work in the fashion industry.

Do you have any model friend that you would suggest for the next model of the month on FMD?
Vanessa Hegelmeier! She probably already was model of the month. Or my other best model friends; Isabelle Sauer, Franziska Frank :smile:

Favorite kind of music? Favorite television series or movie?
Changes all the time, right now: Mad Men, How I met your mother, The Killing Music? .. as long as I can dance, its great!

I'd like to meet …
Heidi Klum in private.

Happiness is …
To make people happy.

People have said I look like …
Vanessa Paradis

Thank you Sophie for this great interview!
note: all answers are original and unaltered - Editor:T.J. Mueller & Iva Mirach
fashionmodeldirectory.com

Elle Russia September 2012 HQs

ph: Thomas Nutzl
st: Renata Kharkova
models: Anne Sophie Monrad & Corentin Richard
hair: Mark Daniel Bailey
make-up: Christina Lutz
nails: Kamel

Scanned by Stereo_Flo

"Red Haute" in Elle Canada November 2012

Photographers: Leda and St. Jaques
Stylist: Azamit
Hair and Make-up: Sabrina Rinaldi at Judy Inc. using TRESemmé and NARS
Art Direction: Denis Desro

Model: Anne Sophie Monrad

Source: visualoptimism.blogspot.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Elle UK December 2012
A Hazy Shade Of Winter
Photographer: Enrique Badulescu
Styling: Anne-Marie Curtis
Hair: Ali Pirzadeh
Make-Up: Andrew Gallimore
Nails: Hanna Cecilia Akerlund

Digital Edition Elle UK 12/2012 via Mat Cyruss

GRIT Magazine December 2012
Photographer: AMOS FRICKE
Stylist: LORENA MAZA
Hair & Makeup: EWA CERVENA

gritmagazine.co.uk

Basler fw13.14 - Berlin

Schumacher fw13.14 - Berlin

vogue.de

Madame Figaro France March 2013

"SPORTY CHIC"
photo: Sy Delorme
styling: Veronique Carre
hair: Stephane Bodin
makeup: Angelik Iffenecker

digitial edition madame figaro

"City Chic" for Harper's Bazaar Hong Kong March 2013

Photographer: Dirk Messner
Styling + Art Direction: Jennifer Hahn
Hair + Make-up: Ina Cernak

Source: Visual Optimism (visualoptimism.blogspot.com)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->