Architectural Constructions F/W 06.07

Kimkhuu

Reaction score
Fast forward cutting edge constructions.... clothes are taking a whole new dimension.... a bit trompe l'oeil, or space age or old hollywood..... defying the rules of gravity.... differs from the typical oversized or voluminous clothes we saw the past few seasons because of the construction of the pieces... we could almost imagine there's some metal wire underneath to hold it all in place.... is it wearable, comfortable?

What's your take on this trend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Boudicca F/W 06.07
Source: style.com

00010m.jpg
00210m.jpg

Hrm. Well I can't see how Boudicca would be wearable *_* I can see this in a smaller scale on coats, though.

^ same here for the boudicca dresses... ..more like pieces of art...

Those Boudicca remind me a little of Comme des Garçons S/S06:

2024P0004.jpg

lerage.com

Kimkhuu said:
Giles Deacon F/W 06.07

This one from Giles F/W 06.07 too made me think there had to be some wire holding it in shape. They don't seem that comfortable to me, especially those Boudicca ones :unsure:

00400f.jpg

source: vogue.co.uk

PS: Actually I just noticed you can see like a little mark/fold beside the model's left hand going through the bottom part of the dress. Could that be a wire?

well luella and sarafpour are looking good but boudicca might be too architectural i think.. luella and sarafpour are at least wearable

I personally love it...I love architecture in fashion, structure to such a degree in clothes really appeals to me. Perhaps you couldn't wear the boudicca ones out but I definitely can appreciate them and the technique that must have been used to get to that stage...

thanks for posting kimkhuu :heart:

Me too! I would wear the Boudicca ones if given a chance but I am not liking any of Giles' recent collections (apart from the Black coat on Eugenia)

i love constructions in clothes too they give a whole new dimension to clothing, the forst type of construction in clothing i believe cam during the ages of kings and knights, when they used farthingale under their skirts for their dress to look bulky and constructed,.... correct me if im wrong:S

this is f-ing gorgeous. the lines are so pure and simple, great geometry! :heart: the Giles #5 girl with the grey/purple dress looks like it was inspired by either the Getty :P or maybe Frank Gehry's buildings.

I want that black coat in #5!!!!! it would be perfect for walking through the forest right after snow. very little red riding hood! :heart: so in love with it.

ye i like it when these things are compined, not wearable but still amazing. the giles coat is quite wearable though.

oh i love the yellow dress with the tights underneath. that is gorgeous. Hmm i can see inspiration from this collection heading into our wardrobes but i don't think we'll be walking around (or sitting) in most of those dresses anytime soon. thanks for posting

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->