Are Rainboots Comfortable?

Emily363

Reaction score
I've been thinking about getting a pair of rainboots because I walk to work and i am tired of having wet feet. They "appear" to be both functional and somewhat fashionable, but I am also concerned because I walk 10 blocks to my office (A walk that I thoroughly enjoy). Also...are they comfortable enough to wear on a Saturday of shopping (say with blue jeans tucked in...or maybe even with a skirt)?

Pictured below are a couple of styles I am considering. If any of you have these styles I would appreciate your feedback. Thanks for the input ladies!

each pair is different and so the comfort level varies...

i have a pair i got in chinatown for $20 that have little or no support...but i put innersoles in them and wear thick cushy sock ...so i love them...

warning...they may be waterproof...but they are not liined or insulated ...so in order to keep your feet warm...buy up a size and wear thick socks... or even legwarmers... :flower: :flower:

Originally posted by twilight fairy@Oct 27 2004, 10:58 AM
Ahh rainboots. Everyone here wears them..it's crazy. :shock:
[snapback]408116[/snapback]​
I know, it's so trashy looking :sick: to each his own though :wink:

my mum has a pair of red Hunter welly boots (as they are called over here) - she adores them. They are proper 'posh' wellies.

I bought some cute thomas pink ones a couple of years ago, in a panic over an excessively rainy winter. I wore them once. I just found them odd and awkward to walk in, and they looked weird. they're practical (albeit uncomfortable imo) if it is raining/you are gardening/work at a horse farm. otherwise... :yuk:

mine made a cute doorstop. :ninja:

i do have a pair of rainboots from ludwig reiter (he is one of the top makers of quality shoes in vienna), but i only wear them if it's raining heavily.

are they comfortable? yes and no. they are not that warm and sometimes they make funny noise, but they are great to jump in puddles.

the RAINBOOT phenomen is very similar to the UGG phenomenon... basically it defeats its purpose BUT its supposedly fashion and fashion is supposed to be fun and daring so WHY NOT :wink:

i personally would only go for the brownish/beige version of the Pucci ones. they are only around 60 british pounds and the got some support :flower:

Hi Leyla M....what do you mean by "rainboots basically defeat their purpose"? I think they are functional AND actually...quite fashionable. Thanks!

I have the Pucci ones and I only wear them when it rains because I don't like having my feet wet. Wearing them "just because" is just trashy though.

Originally posted by Emily363@Oct 28 2004, 05:15 PM
Hi Leyla M....what do you mean by "rainboots basically defeat their purpose"? I think they are functional AND actually...quite fashionable. Thanks!
[snapback]409172[/snapback]​

hi emily :flower:

what i meant was that the fashion side of it defeats its actual purpose just like UgGs are worn everywhere even when its not really cold.. so are rainboots now almost everywhere even when we got no rain :wink:

Hi Leyla M! Good Morning! I thank God for another day of life! I agree with you totally! I see women wearing rainboots on a sunny July day...that is CRAZY! I DO wear my Polo rainboots probably 25 or 30 days a year, BUT...only when it rains. If I wear them to work, I change into heels upon arrival. If I wear them on a weekend for running errands I usually tuck my jeans into them, but again....ONLY when it RAINS!

these are the ones i was talkin about
fashion157e.jpg
:innocent:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->