Area F/W 2024.25 New York

I'll admit I enjoyed Area to an extent when they first popped up with their fun look books even if I wasn't a fan of the collections. When they started doing runway, you realised how nothing the clothes were so when their "couture" came around it became so hackneyed.

I really can't find anything to like in this. It has no reasoning or actual purpose besides existing as brand content.

I guess they had 2007-era Givenchy and old Gaultier and McQueen on the moodboard. The oversized tailoring and streetwear stuff is absolutely heinous in terms of cut and quality but I like the last few looks after the awful white neoprene dress as a story, especially considering the tragic state of NYFW.

Daniel Roseberry by Francesco Scogniamiglio.
I’m kind of impressed by the execution of look 1 and look 4 but as usual, a mess. NYFW’s avant garde is the yesterday of Europe anyway.

This is like the Area 52 of fashion, where strange creatures go to die a slow painful death, that’s what I’m getting from these gimmicky tortured garments. Ripping off designers who are already unoriginal as hell…a choice.

It would have been a decent collection if only certain elements were not repeated all through the presentation. Also some looks make the skin crawl. They should have played more with the deconstructed leather like that biker jacket is quite nice. The thumb print also needed more interesting silhouettes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->