Area Haute Couture S/S 2021 Paris

A disgrace, this of couse has got nothing to do with haute anything since the level of taste is as low as it gets. The only salvagable pieces are the tulle "chainmail" dresses...no amount of posing can make those dresses plagiarized from Issey Miyake look good though
Can we stop glamorizing obesity please!

Why call this stunt couture? And why this brand need couture when most of their clients only go to Coachella. There is nothing disruptive about this. New designers need to realised that create some ugly doesn't make you the new Rei or Miuccia. Because taste is everything.

I thought one had to go through a process and meet certain standards in order to be able to claim the "haute couture" designation? Am I making that up? Or are the standards simply THAT low? This is offensive.

Totally I feel collections like this should force La Féderation de la Haute Couture et de la Mode to be stricter just to dissuade opportunists like Area from using the haute couture denomination ever again.

Allegedly they were invited by La Féderation de la Haute Couture et de la Mode to show on the calendar and that has to be done by members vouching for the brand. I wonder which member that was ?

This is absolutely AWFUL. Just because you put crystals on things and give weird shapes and such does not mean it is haute couture. Haute Couture, to me, is about beautifully-made, luxurious items that are at the pinnacle of fashion. This does not take me there at all and it looks like their ready-to-wear collections. Gimmicky.

Central Saint Martins graduate showcase is way better than this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
strigi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->