Viktor & Rolf Haute Couture S/S 2016 Paris

Can we stop posting attachments instead of thumbnails :rolleyes:

When i upload the photos it comes as "Attached Thumbnails" but i upload "normal" photos, every Image is 160-180 KB.

This collection is an artwork. I like what Viktor&Rolf does.

This was really fun to watch! I loved it. I wonder how models managed to walk with that haha :lol:. Anyway, exquisite.

The construction really makes the whole thing. I think it's their strongest attempt after returning to haute couture.

By the way... I have a feeling that if this had a Comme des Garcons label sewn in it nobody would question the collection or its purpose.

By the way... I have a feeling that if this had a Comme des Garcons label sewn in it nobody would question the collection or its purpose.

Yes, but I also couldn't care less about certain collections designed by Rei Kawakubo that remain completely in the realm of theory. It's perfectly fine to have a a few pieces highlight the conceptual approach of a collection, but it's frustrating when there is no attempt at all made to transform this thought process into any 'wearable' (I admit this is a highly subjective definition...) clothes.

I like the concept and it's nice to watch, but basically it's just one idea and therefore boring after the first couple of looks. Besides that, it's more art than fashion, I would have liked the other way around.

thanks gazebo for posting the vid.
Seeing the artwork-gowns in motion is breathtakingly beautiful.:crush:
Some faces "talking or twinkle" due to the movement. Lovely.:heart:

ah---
it's couture...nobody really buys this anyway, so why not just use it as a giant experimental canvas...?

i think this is a great thing...
fun, irreverent, creative, challenging, clever, fun (yes- it bears repeating), etc...
and, above all, beautifully executed...

nicely done~!

:heart::heart::heart:

seeing it the video makes me appreciate this even more, absolutely beautiful all white collection, strong cast and music as well.
In this day where everything is veering on selling more and more, *unwearable* collection like these are a breath of fresh air, it also helps with `educating` people with different perspectives of beauty.
kudos to renzo for supporting the duo, selling more perfumes aside, he could also have demanded them to make more sellable clothes from a business point of view.

seeing it the video makes me appreciate this even more, absolutely beautiful all white collection, strong cast and music as well.
In this day where everything is veering on selling more and more, *unwearable* collection like these are a breath of fresh air, it also helps with `educating` people with different perspectives of beauty.
kudos to renzo for supporting the duo, selling more perfumes aside, he could also have demanded them to make more sellable clothes from a business point of view.

well he did try that and that didn't work out

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->