Arena Homme+ Fall 2015/Spring 2016

mistress_f

Hell on Heels
Reaction score
Six Covers, 2 by David Sims, 2 by Wolfgang Tillmans and 2 by Juergen Teller.

source instagram.com/clairederouenbooks/

3 great photographers but I think it has more to do with why/who chose these covers cos I just don't get all these 6 covers :unsure:

3 great photographers but I think it has more to do with why/who chose these covers cos I just don't get all these 6 covers :unsure:

i like tillmans' covers but i guess i'm just biased cause i love his work... as for further info, it's impossible to find any online, the magazine's social media hasn't been updated for like a year and the website seems to be gone, i don't know what's happening

OMG I've just woke and gone to Heaven

I have to buy both Tillmans. And the Teller Return To The Clinic!
And SIMS!!! That second Sims is a beauty.....

No website? They never bothered with one I thought B)

What a joke.

I loathe normcore.

If only all these normcore photographers were forever relegated to ARENA as a collective for their fans and never included in other publications than I’m fine with putting ARENA to rest— accepting that it was once the most exciting, most innovative and opulent publication to feature men’s high fashion, high design and fresh pespective in fashion photography.

Just seen the logo.....

THE LEGENDARY MEN'S MAGAZINE :bounce:

Its true. Who else could write that?

Normcore? You sure Phuel???

Last edited by a moderator:
This magazines used to have so much edge in it.

Just seen the logo.....

THE LEGENDARY MEN'S MAGAZINE :bounce:

Its true. Who else could write that?

Normcore? You sure Phuel???

Yes— I am very sure and can make up my own mind on what I like and what I consider “legendary"— despite what an orgainization wants me to believe, lewak LOL

You’re obviosuly a fan so more power to you— and joy for you. I just prefer my high fashion to reflect more than the mundane, pedestrain, bland, and plainness I can see everyday on the streets. And I prefer people actaully make an effort when presenting their vision of high fashion. Nothing personal of course: To each his own.

And yes, AH+ was legendary.

I really have no strong opinions on the magazine, but i wouldn't degrade photographers like Tillmans and Sims to 'normcore' ...

limited edition cover shot by Jamie Hawkesworth.

instagram.com/jamie.hawkesworth/

Last edited by a moderator:
i only like the limited edition cover.
i've actually forgotten this magazine still existed, it's such rubbish. who cares? i completely agree with Phuel...

Boring, pretentious, and ugly covers.
This magazine used to be really good.

I see you've uploaded 50 pages of Alasdair McLellan for Man about Town but think his (BETTER!) work for Arena Homme + is "such rubbish" Royal-Galliano

:rolleyes:

And the playerz gonna hate hate hate...

^ and the point of your post...?

i didn't comment on mclellan's work (for AH+) at all. in fact, i've bought one of the previous issues just for his shoot and only to find out the issue was a waste of money.
and the purpose i posted that MAT story was to share with other members.

A waste of money? I had this issue couriered to me in Canada (needed it ASAP for my dissertation)......
It's only £6.50 in the UK and is over 600 pages! The work by Sims, Tillmans, Hawkesworth, McLellan and Teller is all at top of their game..... And Blommers & Schumm, Gareth McConnell, Johnny Dufort and Oliver Hadlee-Pearch seem to represent an exciting new moment also.

But what do I know? I'm very interested in the posts here - "normcore" etc..... Yes, i am a FAN..... Both Sims and Tillmans have actually changed my life in a way.....
Up at 6.30am to work a part-time cafe job..... Price of 2 fancy coffees $7... Waste of money???

I think it´s good that they went for a more artsy photographic kind of cover. It let the reader breathe from the overrated ultra fashion covers and even though it´s a fashion magazine, Arena Homme + has always approached it from a different perspective. I actually think all of the covers are brilliant. Not all of them are photographically appealing to me but I get the vibe of what will come inside which is in the end the purpose of the cover. Wolfgang Tillmans and David Sims always create such sensible yet simple images.
Absolute LOVE. Can´t wait to see the rest of it.

:heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porcelainbackbone
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->