Armani's Exchange (?)

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by ignitioned32, Apr 21, 2004.

1. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

From the NY Metro

2. rayncloudx

rayncloudx New Member

interesting... wonder how it'll turn out.

hasn't everyone been saying that he lost his touch for years?

3. smwilliams53

smwilliams53 New Member

Who thinks this to be ture. I myself am not ready for Giorgio Armani to retire. :cry:

From www.vogue.co.uk
    THE NEW ARMANI

IS Giorgio Armani planning to hand over the reins of his fashion empire to Narciso Rodriguez? According to New York magazine, a source within the 69-year-old designer's company claims that he is trying to woo Cuban-American Rodriguez to take over so that he can retire after presenting his spring/summer 2005 collection in September. Apparently the 43-year-old designer, twice named CFDA Designer of the Year, is still considering the multimillion-pound offer since any contract would stipulate that he had to give up his own eponymous label. If Armani, who will be 70 in July, is counting on Rodriguez as his successor, however, he isn't admitting it yet. "It's not true!" squeaked a company rep to the New York Daily News. "But I have no comment." (April 21 2004, AM)

4. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

i think rodriguez is a good choice to take over. good choice.

5. TheSweetest

TheSweetest New Member

i read an article about 2 seasons ago or so that Giorgio Armani is not looking to retire any time soon. He may be looking for a successor, but I don't think he is going to retire right about now. (or I should hope not) :unsure:

6. LadyIllusion

LadyIllusion New Member

<span style='color:blue'>You know when company reps start 'denying' that things are changing within a company - it means that something big is gonna happen soon.</span> :lol:

7. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

I think Narciso is doing too well with his eponymous line that he should give it up and work for Armani. He already developed his signature look and should continue building on it. But let's see this could be intresting. :unsure:

8. seditionary

seditionary New Member

why cant a label die wen the designer does ....
    im fed up of all these redone things....
    designer should design under their own name...
    armani.... should not swallow narciso....

9. versace

versace New Member

Hi..
    I know this is off the topic.. but how do u determine a designers signature look? Like I'm having trouble identifying them from designers.. especially subtle signature looks from narcisco rodriguez.. (well subtle for me) !! Thanks

10. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

there is no way that narciso would just drop his eponymous line for armani...there is too much money wrapped up in promoting that name to just let it all go to waste. he would be a good choice though. B)

11. mikeijames

i hate to oversimplify it, but one only has to look at things that re-occur season to season. the way narciso cuts a dress and a skirt does not change that much from season to season.

12. Nader

Nader gromosexual

Don't do it Narciso! Giorgio basically wants to stitch his label on Narciso's great clothes...

13. Plumour

Plumour New Member

Narciso would be a great choice, however I want him to work for his own label only.

14. faust

faust New Member

i hate to oversimplify it, but one only has to look at things that re-occur season to season. the way narciso cuts a dress and a skirt does not change that much from season to season. [/b][/quote]
    easier for some, harder for others ;) :p

15. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

why would he have to give up his own collection...what an evil offer....

"here...i offer you your own fashion empire, but you must do it all under my name so i get all the credit for your beautiful designs and you must give up everything you've worked your whole life to build....but...you will be rich and have a lifestyle you've only dreamed of before..."

that's just wrong on so many levels...

did marc give up his label when he went to lv?...did galliano, did mcqueen...why should they...it must be several truckloads of money he's being offered.... :innocent: :ninja:

16. mikeijames

it will be interesting to see if narciso takes the bait...i mean armani is the most profitable brand on earth (at least it was a couple of years ago)...they have the money to give...i wonder can he resist being set for life...

17. ignitioned32

ignitioned32 Mannikin

Hi..
    I know this is off the topic.. but how do u determine a designers signature look? Like I'm having trouble identifying them from designers.. especially subtle signature looks from narcisco rodriguez.. (well subtle for me) !! Thanks [/b][/quote]
    Hello.
    You can determine a designer's siganture look by looking at his/her clothes closely as you follow his/her collections.
    Narciso is one of the easiest to spot because there are alot of re-occuring things in his work, which he builds on season after season. Such as sharply tailored and cut coats and tight dresses (usually in black/black & white or/and with pipping or/and with colored lining). Lanvin is also a good example. You can see cocktail dresses in one (glossy) fabric, with or without jewels attached, in alot of Alber's collections. Think very rich and very sophisticated. Just look at collections Spring 2003, Spring 2004 and Fall 2004, you'll get the picture.

18. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i'm with sedi :p