RULE NO. 5
Model:Milla De Vit
Photographer: Pierre Toussaint
Stylist: Marina Afonina

RULE NO.6
Model: Pania Rose
Photographer: Nicole Bentley
Stylist: Claudia Navone

Also a MYER promotion featuring 5 pages of Australian designs modeled by Alice Burdeau. Designers include, Nicola Finetti, Jayson Brunsdon, Charlie Brown, Kate Sylvester and Karen Walker.

For me this is a great reprint.. I have fallen in love with that cover shot of Kate.
Not to sure on the colours of the text though...

Can you please scan Alice B's images. Thatnk you sooooooooooooooo much:smile:

I keep seeing this issue and I keep putting off getting it! I think Kate Hudson is great. She always makes for a great fashion spread.

Can you please scan Alice B's images. Thatnk you sooooooooooooooo much:smile:

I don't know how to do thumbs in photobucket so reduced the size so they don't take over the whole screen!

alice1.jpg
alice2.jpg

alice3.jpg
alice4.jpg

alice5-1.jpg

Scanned by Me

She looks kind of ackward in some poses...... she is very pretty, gorgeous face.

Australia loves Alice :innocent::D
Even though this cover is a re-print I like it. Actually, I prefer this cover instead of W September 2008.

Australians sure like to reprint :innocent: :lol:

Australia just doesn't have the luxury of having access to big name celebrities or models like the US or UK.
Usually we only get exclusive covers when a big name comes in for a premiere or during fashion week.
That's why we have so many re-prints. If we did our own covers every month there would be ALOT of dull, no name cover subjects. At least we get a pretty good pick of the best covers each month! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:
i kind of like anonymous (and not so anonymous) Australian models on covers actually...

much more preferable to get often painful reprints.

but i suppose that's a debate for another day...

Australia just doesn't have the luxury of having access to big name celebrities or models like the US or UK.
Usually we only get exclusive covers when a big name comes in for a premiere or during fashion week.
That's why we have so many re-prints. If we did our own covers every month there would be ALOT of dull, no name cover subjects. At least we get a pretty good pick of the best covers each month! ^_^

I thought this to be the case.

I think it would be a great chance for some homegrown talent to make names for themselves (and for the magazines to benefit from nuturing such talent), but I don't think no-names would sell many copies which would be the higher priority.

Plus, if international issues of publications are difficult to find, perhaps reprints aren't much of an issue for the reader.

thank you for posting Alice's editorial, but she looks wierd in a lot of pose's :unsure:

^ I agree, they're not very fluid poses. She looks a bit stiff!
I think maybe as this was a promotional editorial it probably didn't have the best team working on it.

The photos of Alice are from the Myer Autumn/Winter catalogue. Myer is an Australian department store.

:lol: I was pondering whether to start a thread for this months HB's too, but I got lazy :ninja: so thanks birdyandme! I'm also really glad you've plainly stated a plausible reason why there are so many re-prints that appear on our covers; it is a bit embarassing, to be honest, but what can we do? Additionally, the Kate Hudson interview was meant to be exclusive for Harpers Bazaar, so technically speaking, any Bazaar in the world could use it; it's still 'exclusively' to Bazaar.
This issue is really thick; it has good ads, lots of editorials and topics to read :smile: I'm also thinking that it would be really awesome if Jamie Huckbody decided to put Mia Wasikowska (girl currently casted for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland) on the cover one day... I'm becoming a fan of her ^_^ Jamie happily put Abbie Cornish on the front a few months ago, so I'm sitting here being hopeful!
Anyway! back to Kate, I think she's looking pretty great here!

Rule No. 2
If In Doubt Keep It Monochromatic

Photographer: Benny Horne
Stylist: Christine Centenera
Model: Coco Rocha

Coco is also their Fashion Insider Profile this month:

scans by rox_yr_sox

SC 4 LV
Rule No. 4 Get Personal

Sofia Coppola photographed by Andrew Durham

scans by rox_yr_sox

Users who are viewing this thread