Aveda

From March 10th through May 10th, Aveda stores will be accepting any and all of your hard plastic caps (e.g. from bottles of water and soda, laundry detergent, facial cleansers, shampoo, etc.) and using them to make new tops for Aveda’s limited-edition retro Clove Shampoo bottles.
Bring in 25 or more caps and you’ll receive a free sample from one of Aveda’s hair or body-care lines.

Did you know that when bottles are recycled, their caps are often cut off and thrown away, ending up in landfills, oceans, rivers or in the mouths of baby sea animals? Causing the animals to either choke or end up with bellies full of plastic.

It is really neat that they are doing this. Do you know if they are accepting the caps at Aveda counters, like in Macys, or just the stores?

There are Aveda counters in Macy's? :blink: Are you positive? So the caps dont have to be from other Aveda products then..hmmm. I remember in school watching an Aveda video...it was about the makeup they use and how they extract the pigment from some plant in the Amazon. They try to come across as so PC (at least these people did) it was quite obnoxious.

From March 10th through May 10th, Aveda stores will be accepting any and all of your hard plastic caps (e.g. from bottles of water and soda, laundry detergent, facial cleansers, shampoo, etc.) and using them to make new tops for Aveda’s limited-edition retro Clove Shampoo bottles.
Bring in 25 or more caps and you’ll receive a free sample from one of Aveda’s hair or body-care lines.

Did you know that when bottles are recycled, their caps are often cut off and thrown away, ending up in landfills, oceans, rivers or in the mouths of baby sea animals? Causing the animals to either choke or end up with bellies full of plastic.

that is awesome! thank you for the info!

Aveda Introduces Green Science Line

LKAvedaGreenScienceRetail.jpg

New from Aveda is Green Science™ skincare, a natural range comprising four products for home use plus a professional-only treatment.

The new retail line-up launches in June and includes Green Science Lifting Serum, Green Science Firming Face Creme, Green Science Firming Eye Cream and Green Science Line Minimiser.

The professional-only offering is Green Science Skin-Renewing Treatment and incorporates the new Green Science Masque-age massage-in masque.

The collection features a skin-renewing blend whose ingredients include certified organic argan oil from Southern Morocco, a fatty acid replacement and lipid replenishment designed to help restore skin's moisture barrier.

Also included are certified organic plai oil, an antioxidant and anti-inflammatory; certified organic cactus, for stimulating collagen synthesis; glucosamine, for moisturising, smoothing and exfoliating; boswellia, an anti-inflammatory; plus a range of ceramides and peptides.

The Green Science collection possesses a certified organic aroma made with the essential oils of geranium, grapefruit, palmarosa, bergamot and cistus.

Lifting Serum is designed to help boost cell renewal, whilst Firming Face Creme - used after applying the Lifting Serum - has been created to moisturise the skin and smooth fine lines.

Firming Eye Creme, which is safe for use on eyelids, moisturises and smoothes fine lines and acts to reduce the appearance of puffiness and under-eye circles, and Line Minimiser works to boost the skin's production of collagen and minimise the appearance of lines and wrinkles.

Green Science Skin-Renewing Treatment is a professional only high-touch spa facial incorporating massage techniques designed to maximise the benefits of the Green Science regimen.

Customised to each client to target specific areas which need attention - such as eyes, lips, neck, decollete and hands - the treatment features the Green Science Masque-age, a massage-in masque for hydrating and nourishing.

spa-kit,net

Are you in US? Here it's not expensive IMO. Aveda has nothing luxurious for skincare, and yes I know there are products for under $100 by other brands that we love and feel luxurious using but Aveda brand is not luxurious.
The serum will probably be $60-something, and that will be the most expensive item. What else? A cream, an eye mask and line minimizer? $50, $30 and $40-somethings each for those.

aveda is a little bit more expensive in europe, and extremely more expensive in norway (where i live) :ninja:

Are you in US? Here it's not expensive IMO. Aveda has nothing luxurious for skincare, and yes I know there are products for under $100 by other brands that we love and feel luxurious using but Aveda brand is not luxurious.
The serum will probably be $60-something, and that will be the most expensive item. What else? A cream, an eye mask and line minimizer? $50, $30 and $40-somethings each for those.

i meant expensive for it being aveda. i would never pay sixty bucks for something from aveda, not even forty. it's not worth it. it's not about the brand name, either. i don't use skin care depending on what the brand name is because that's silly. one should use what works on our skin and not something because it's prada, or chanel, or la prairie or erno lazlo. but aveda has never been overwhelmingly good for me, even though i live and swear by their oils.

Aveda Shammy Facial Wash Cloth

Has anyone else used this before? Its gotten good reviews on MUA so i went out and bought one today..
but the thing is that ive never used a wash cloth to wash my face before..
are these used to wash your face instead of your hands, or are these used to simply wipe off the cleanser? i know i sound like an idiot -_- but im paranoid about breakouts so im always pretty careful with new products.

and also with the shammy, how often do you have clean them? i heard they are really sanitary and you don't need to throw them in the washer/dryer often..but are you supposed to clean it everyday??

thanks to anyone who can help

I recently had a wonderful experience at the Aveda Institute in Chicago. I got a great hair cut and a really nice eyebrow wax (pain free!) for $28 before tip. The students were so professional and the facility was very similar to other Aveda salons I have been to before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->