Azzedine Alaïa S/S 07 Paris

I'm with Meg here...a ghost of the outrageously beautiful clothes he used to design... :( If it weren't mentioned, I'd never guess it's Alaia. A bit disappointing, as pictures of some really strong recent pieces from him occasionally surface. I like the old sexy Alaia a lot better, I guess.

Zazie said:
I'm with Meg here...a ghost of the outrageously beautiful clothes he used to design... :( If it weren't mentioned, I'd never guess it's Alaia. A bit disappointing, as pictures of some really strong recent pieces from him occasionally surface. I like the old sexy Alaia a lot better, I guess.

i guess we are on the same page, his clothes are still well cutand well executed but it seees there is no real design to it, and knowing what he used to do, and how good he was (not saying that he still isnt) this seems a shadow of his former self.
i want the soul and fire of the old Alaia!!

love the dress
shoes are disappointing (not too bad, but one would expect more from Alaia)

The white dress is just beautiful.

I do wish it was a bit more exciting however.

It is gorgeous.

I mean GORGEOUS, that white dress is exceptional. Spike, I think if it were any more exciting it would take away from the beauty of the cuts.

Fresh and light-
The first look is very much what girls are wearing sans the beautiful belt.
The last knit dress is fantastically simple but captures the bubble effect perfectly: I expect their is a foundation garment most likely built in as there is no hint of nipples or otherwise. Sexy!

^ I agree I feel we do need to see more.

Somehow I feel as though the vision of the Alaïa woman has changed drastically. I recall (and I could be recalling wrong) that back in the day the Alaïa look was sexier. Not vulgar but certainly more va va va voom. I always associate his designs with the original supermodels and that sort of debonair glamour. This seems very subdued by comparison. Still beautiful but not nearly as exciting.

^well, as the "king of curves", it's understandably harder for him to be less za-za-voom and sexy considering the direction that fashion and modeling has taken:innocent:

^True the world is a leaner place right now but I think those curvaceous gowns still have a place.

it may be becuase i am taking a feminist anthropology class this term but i find that alaia doesnt appreciate the womanly form but he tries to perfect it...which is never good

What was I thinking? This crap is such a snooze. Blinded by the label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zhaoxx
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->