Azzedine Alaia

brian

Reaction score
I loved his designs!
I was watching Clueless today, and the scene where Cher is held up at gunpoint in her red Alaia dress made me think of those old times, and iconic designs he did! :heart:

Do any of you have any info on what happened to him??

Originally posted by brian@Jan 31st, 2004 - 4:00 pm
I loved his designs!
I was watching Clueless today, and the scene where Cher is held up at gunpoint in her red Alaia dress made me think of those old times, and iconic designs he did! :heart:

Do any of you have any info on what happened to him??
Love that movie

Cher:"This is an Alaia"
Her assailent:"An a whata"
Cher:"It's like a totally important designer"

haha

he still dos couture, no?

I lvoe that aprt of the movie

Alaia still does his couture and his pret-a-porter , including his fantastic shoes.
He's as popular as ever, only thing is he does no shows, so some people think he's not around any longer, but.. ask his clients (including Sofia Coppola, she was wearing Alaia at the Globes :wink: )

Originally posted by Lena@Feb 2nd, 2004 - 2:50 pm
Alaia still does his couture and his pret-a-porter , including his fantastic shoes.
He's as popular as ever, only thing is he does no shows, so some people think he's not around any longer, but.. ask his clients (including Sofia Coppola, she was wearing Alaia at the Globes :wink: )
I was about to post that same info. :P I esp. agree on the shoes. :woot:

Wow...I just scored a gorgeous vintage Alaia dress, perfect condition, practically unworn, exactly my size...for 15 dollars! :woot: Black wool knit, welted seams, "sculpted" sleeves...also very neo-gothic in mood. :heart:

Telling random friends who don't know Alaia just didn't cut it...had to post here...as I know you can appreciate my excitement. :blush: :blush:

Melisande said:
Wow...I just scored a gorgeous vintage Alaia dress, perfect condition, practically unworn, exactly my size...for 15 dollars! :woot: Black wool knit, welted seams, "sculpted" sleeves...also very neo-gothic in mood. :heart:

Telling random friends who don't know Alaia just didn't cut it...had to post here...as I know you can appreciate my excitement. :blush: :blush:
congrats, girl! that is so amazing

Awww, thanks toohip and lemonpoppy!! :kiss: Isn't it great?
It was at the school festival/bazaar for a major fashion college here. Alumni flea market.^_^

Who carrys Alaia? I want to see it in person, does he have a store in NYC or is he carried at Barneys, Bergdorf?

he is carried at barneys. I go there every season to "Study". In my opinion He is the greatest Technical designer since Cristobal Balenciaga.

I saw a coat by him in Saks yesterday. It's made of this very thick and almost stiff wool with A-line shape and sculpture sleeves+collar. It was a piece of art. I tried it on and felt I was a character in a fairytale. It's $4,400 though...The SA said "do you have a saks charge card? use it to pay for the coat!" Of course I said no...I don't do that...I might be lucky enough to buy one when I'm more successful in my career though.

Harvey Nichols and Selfridges carry Alaia. Unsure about Harrods and Liberty. Matches used to, but they haven't bought any pieces for SS06...:(

Guessgirl - Yoox carry Alaia, but it will be past-season pieces :flower:

Diorella said:
Guessgirl - Yoox carry Alaia, but it will be past-season pieces :flower:

totally forgot about yoox, thanks! I'll check them out later on today, I'm going to bed for now. At 8:00 AM :doh:

franco said:
Love that movie

Cher:"This is an Alaia"
Her assailent:"An a whata"
Cher:"It's like a totally important designer"

haha

I love it too! It's my top beloved movie... :heart:

And remember the lines...
Dad: Cher Get in here!
Cher: What's up, dad?
Dad: What the hell are you wearing?
Cher: A dress!
Dad: Says Who?
Cher: Calvin Klein.. :rofl:

I love Alaia even before I love fashion... :blush: How could you not doped by these... :heart:....

Sorry picture credited to firstview.com - Alaia SS-rtw-01

It's hard to express the excitement his designs caused when he first surfaced. A rare moment in fashion. He somehow melded the stark and dark of the japanese movement and the theatrical of gothic. His old store in Beverly hills was a stunner as well. Even with all the money pumped in by Prada, they've allowed his discretionary licence as to how and when he presents. He deserves to be outside the fashion system. An organic evolution to creativity is what is obviously most important to him. A true genius.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->