Badgley Mischka Pre-Fall 2008

chessmess

Reaction score
NEW YORK, December 10, 2007 – "We were looking at old Man Ray photos of Nancy Cunard," said Mark Badgley and James Mischka of the starting point for their pre-fall line. "And Talitha Getty, who was bohemian, but elegant at the same time." Loosely translated, that means there were animal-print silk ottomans, floral taffetas, and creamy satin-face chiffons, all cut into kicky cocktail dresses or soigné gowns and trimmed in the duo's signature beadwork. The winners were a navy floor-length dress with jet embroidery and a draped, strapless one in claret with a rhinestone detail at the waist. The collection won't arrive in stores until May, but chances are good that we'll be seeing these two numbers on the red carpet next month when awards season starts.

– Nicole Phelps
00010m.jpg
00020m.jpg

00030m.jpg
00040m.jpg

style.com

Quite boring as BM usually is... But that red gown in post 3 is very nice and the last one too... There also is a nice LBD but overall a very boring collection...

They're Beautiful.. But for some reason I feel like I've seen this same concept before. But very admirable. Chic, timeless, sexy everything you need in a great dress. I can't wait till May.

Its pretty, but boring. My favourite is the leopard dress, that has a bit of sex appeal in it, everything else is sorta dull. I can already see most of this on the red carpet.

I love BM. I can see the "safe" aspect of their designs but they do dresses so beautifuly. I would just love to be able to wear one somewhere fabulous!

I think this is absolutely striking and so gorgeous, styling and all-
00020m.jpg

and I think this is pretty stylish as well, the train is really beautiful-
00140m.jpg

The rest really isn't my favorite....some outfits are very average. Others are nicer.
(style)

I love BM. I can see the "safe" aspect of their designs but they do dresses so beautifuly. I would just love to be able to wear one somewhere fabulous!

I agree! It's a very elegant but safe collection. There wasn't anything very unique here, but these dresses will appeal to many buyers.

And I love this dress! Absolutely gorgeous!
00120m.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->