Bag Borrowing

chocsta

Reaction score
Got this in the junk mail today "Bag Borrow or Steal"

The basic idea is that you pay a fee to "borrow" their bags, and then you can buy it if you really like it.

I personally don't like the idea and would NEVER use such a service because I like to use my own bags and my own bags ONLY. Not to mention that their bag selection is blah, and the memberships are pretty steep.

What do you think? :flower:

Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 28th, 2004 - 7:43 pm

The basic idea is that you pay a fee to "borrow" their bags, and then you can buy it if you really like it.

I personally don't like the idea and would NEVER use such a service because I like to use my own bags and my own bags ONLY. Not to mention that their bag selection is blah, and the memberships are pretty steep.

What do you think? :flower:
They have this thing up here called RAC (Rent a center) You can rent a couch and if you like it you make payments on it..

Can't believe there's someone dumb enough to try this with bags though.

Originally posted by chocsta@Jun 28th, 2004 - 6:43 pm
i clicked the link and i get an auction for louis vuitton hair cubes!? :blink:

1088199683853_IMG_0531.JPG

:huh:

Originally posted by brian+Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:22 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (brian @ Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:22 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-chocsta@Jun 28th, 2004 - 6:43 pm
i clicked the link and i get an auction for louis vuitton hair cubes!? :blink:

1088199683853_IMG_0531.JPG

:huh: [/b][/quote]
Yeah me too brian??! wtf..

wait im confused...does this mean that you borrow those hair ties too... :unsure:

Um..thats kinda grody...ew...borrowing hair things from strangers.

wait. i saw this the other day on LJ.......

i think this: bagborroworsteal.com is the actual url............... (i found it after searching through 10 pgs of the community....haha)

but, eww. very sketchy. pay $99 a month for a pretty much crappy selection of already used bags? no thanks. :wink:

okay, well, it's not a totally crappy selection, but you notice all of the decent bags, you need to pay the $99 membership to gain access to? lame.

i'd say save your money + buy a bag you love + know you and only you will use......

i must admit, i was a little appalled when i saw this site....

but only becos i hold my bag collection so dear......which might sound insane, but it makes me happy! haha

Originally posted by agirlcalledk1ll@Jun 28th, 2004 - 9:09 pm
wait. i saw this the other day on LJ.......

i think this: bagborroworsteal.com is the actual url............... (i found it after searching through 10 pgs of the community....haha)

but, eww. very sketchy. pay $99 a month for a pretty much crappy selection of already used bags? no thanks. :wink:

okay, well, it's not a totally crappy selection, but you notice all of the decent bags, you need to pay the $99 membership to gain access to? lame.

i'd say save your money + buy a bag you love + know you and only you will use......
That's the site :wink:

Sorry about the hair cubes!

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Jun 28th, 2004 - 8:53 pm
wait im confused...does this mean that you borrow those hair ties too... :unsure:

Um..thats kinda grody...ew...borrowing hair things from strangers.
Sorry... the hair cubes were because my friend msn'ed me and told me to look at the prices of different hair cubes because some of them were sold out :flower:

What the heck? :lol: :lol:
rent- a- bag, that's just crazy, why would I want to rent someone else's bag? :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: : :yuk:

Originally posted by agirlcalledk1ll@Jun 28th, 2004 - 10:20 pm
but only becos i hold my bag collection so dear......which might sound insane, but it makes me happy! haha
same here!! :rofl:

That is one GROSS idea! Next thing you know, people will be able to rent underwear off the internet... :sick:

I don't see anything gross or bad about it, but it does seem like an awful lot of money. If I saved that $100/month for a year, I could probably buy a lower-end Louis Vuitton, if I actually wanted one.

I can think of about 40 other things I would prefer to spend $1200 on, however, so I won't be renting any handbags nor saving up for one.

You would have to wonder what the condition of the bags that get returned are, however, and how they clean them up for the next customer. I mean, I carry a handbag every day, and it gets busted-up lifesaver crumbs and Kleenex fuzz and mysterious grit,and occasionaly the lid falls off my pen and it gets ink streaks.

Yeah, I guess you can see why I only carry cheapie bags, because I am pretty hard on them. I buy one purse and carry it until it completely falls apart .

I cannot imagine subjecting a Birkin to the tote-bag treatment I require of a purse. I mean, sure it looks like you could fit a hell of a lot of stuff in there, but it would feel fundamentally wrong to slip in a bagged-up muffin to take to work, or an interesting rock you found churned up in a construction site.

I just think if you really want one of the bags featured there then jjust buy it..

I can't imagine borrowing a bag from a stranger cuz I have no clue if they take care of it.

The only bag borrowing I'd ever do is with my mom...even friends I'm iffy about. :unsure: None of em have taken care of my stuff the way I like. :wacko: :angry:

Originally posted by Sephora_Socialite@Jun 29th, 2004 - 12:35 pm
I just think if you really want one of the bags featured there then jjust buy it..

I can't imagine borrowing a bag from a stranger cuz I have no clue if they take care of it.

The only bag borrowing I'd ever do is with my mom...even friends I'm iffy about. :unsure: None of em have taken care of my stuff the way I like. :wacko: :angry:
I think the point is that it's for people who want to be seen with "designer" bags but who can't afford it :flower:

I totally agree with you, I would not trust my bag in the hand of a stranger, and neither would I want to borrow a bag... you never know who used it before you! (It could have been someone terribly gross and unhygienic :yuk:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartinDeeWan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->