Balenciaga Resort 2011

NeverDrinkAgain

Reaction score
Nicolas Ghesquière continues his retro-futuristic explorations at Balenciaga, melding a bohemian theme with techno fabrics. Micro-Liberty prints, for example, are given a crinkled, iridescent touch and rendered in a floor-sweeping skirt. Ghesquière also draws inspiration from the airline uniforms founder Cristóbal Balenciaga designed in the Fifties and Sixties, updating them with stretch fabrics and magnetic closures.

84dd857b0be1.jpg
079812cc1e9c.jpg

c0138d7479d0.jpg
ba6ffdcdc328.jpg

ced3b08b0be2.jpg
bce9aefb442c.jpg

7ce6957df858.jpg
4da57159dbd8.jpg

wwd

Come on Nicolas, you can do better than this. This is so average for him, to the point where it's barley Balenciaga.
I do however find that double concave chest very interesting.

Kinda lousy. Several pieces are interesting...I like the look on Valerija...but overall...not so great.

And I'm sorry, but Lisanne de Jong does NOTHING for these clothes.

I'm not exactly mesmerized. It feels kind of uninspired, there's no consistensy. Kind of like the yellow dress though.

I hope there is more to this collection because so far, It looks as if they are completely two different collections.. one is more relatable to Nicholas and the other Cristobal.. and well.. it just doesn't seem to be coming together at all. Hopefully there is more.

This feels very Marc Jacobs to me. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. I need to see the full collection.

I hope there is more to this collection because so far, It looks as if they are completely two different collections.. one is more relatable to Nicholas and the other Cristobal..

It looks like one of those collections is Ghesquiere for Balenciaga and the other is someone worse than Gareth Pugh. I mean, what in God's name are those drop-crotch trousers with the turn-ups?? And matched with shoe-boots??
But, I love Ghesquiere and I always support his evolution, and one day I'm going to get bored of robo-simplicity and I'm sure I would have been bored if I'd have just been presented with that, which everyone is doing to some extent right now.
Ghesquiere is always one-step ahead of everyone else, but please, do not step into the strange land where Gareth Pugh is King.

P.S. The top of the drop-crotch-turn-up outfit is strangely wearable..

I really want the edgy, innovative Nicolas to come back. This Nicolas just makes ugly clothes.

Some looks I like, but overall seems a little too all over the place, will just need to see the rest I suppose.

I agree that's maybe not that amazing as one could expect and I don't really get putting these dark full-lenght pieces here. Though I like the short printed looks, especially the second one, fantastic. Considering there's more to come, I expect some lovely pieces saved for later.

And I'm sorry, but Lisanne de Jong does NOTHING for these clothes.

Well, how could she? :rolleyes:

still doing pastel colors then Nicolas, like Squizree said, he can do so much better than this!
i don't mind the overall design of the pieces, just the choice of colors is the thing that ruins it for me
and does anyone else see a resemblance in the shoes to a Givenchy Pair ?

It looks like one of those collections is Ghesquiere for Balenciaga and the other is someone worse than Gareth Pugh. I mean, what in God's name are those drop-crotch trousers with the turn-ups?? And matched with shoe-boots??

Actually, that dropped crotch pant with the jacket is all I have wanted to wear since I saw this posted last night. I'm completely infatuated. :heart: (Well, actually with everything but the stewardess looks.)

However the collection does seem really divided between those pastel stewardess pieces and the dark wrinkled items, so I hope that when we see the full collection it'll be a little more cohesive. Ghesquière almost always does a great job with his precollections, and I think it'd only take a few more looks to win me over completely.

However the collection does seem really divided between those pastel stewardess pieces and the dark wrinkled items, so I hope that when we see the full collection it'll be a little more cohesive.

Can't wait to see the full collection either. I'm curious how would it all come together, those 60's classic pieces with the dark Givenchy-esque outfits.

I'm actually immensely attracted to the 2nd and 5th outfit, especially the second one. For some reason I find it very Balenciaga, it's so beautiful :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WesleyWong
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->