Balenciaga S/S 2002 Paris

It took me forever to like this show but it actually aged quite nicely, the silhouette is graceful and sexy in spite of how loose it is. The ethnic pieces were probably the riskiest clothes he'd shown up to that point but the risk paid off and played into the trend of that season in a fresh way. It reads as younger and more nonchalant take on some things he'd already touched upon, the Balenciaga woman finally getting out of her strict black and grey world and taking a holiday in India.

You can certainly see glimmers of Natacha Ramsay's use of prints and color at Chloé in here. RIccardo totally took a page out of this show for his Givenchy S/S 12 collection, which had some similar dresses...also in powder pink. Of couse Ghésquiere did infamously copy those patchwork dresses from another guy...

Those cargo pants are still so amazing.

I bought a pair of Faith Connexion cargos, from the Decarnin era that are very reminiscent, in fact I wouldn't be shocked in Decarnin referenced this show.

these clothes are complicated but still have an ease. I go back and forth on his LV because it's just complicated and clunky at times. I want some of the ease back.

You know Nicolas was ahead of his time when a 2002 Balenciaga collection looks like a current Isabel Marant collection.
Everything in this collection looks modern...Even the shoes!

At the time he received criticism for copying a vintage piece but what is great is what he made with it. That’s what sets great designers apart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->