Balmain F/W 2019.20 Paris

The collection that never ends ... I liked the beginning and then at one point it started being ugly. What are those really square/triangular skirts ?? :blink:

the tailoring has so many flaws...it's insane.

Everything looks quickly done.
I think a few years ago, Balmain by Rousteing looked more refined and elevated...Each season it gets worse and worse.

at first i thought 'wow this is actually less trashy than usual...' but then i kept on scrolling and nope, it just kept on getting worse and worse. some looks are particularly abysmal, like most of the denim looks. A patent-denim corset? I can't even

While it still looks cheap in taste, his RTW is more achieved than his Couture.
This is quite terrible as Usual. No balance, no subtlety...
It’s just like seeing one of those cake with cream and a lot of butter. You just want to throw up...
I like Olivier but I can’t anymore.

I think my wallet is safe this time round (been getting a lot of Balmain lately). I don’t like anything I see... his previous collections (e.g. ‘Faberge egg’ Fall 2012, ‘Rhinestones’ Pre-Fall 2018) were amazing.

I think the Chanel position is on his mind when he designed this collection. Just look at the amount of tweed, diamond quilted bags. Not forgetting those PVC waist...

(On another note, Balmain customer service sucks and the quality of their T-shirt is horrendous. Remember to check for loose thread or missed stitching when you are getting on ‘cause mine had missed stitching and when I try to remedy it almost the entire collar came out.)

i used to love this brand so much.. this direction they took over the last couple of shows is not good. there is no distinction anymore. it kind of looks like missguided some pieces ;(

There are successful pieces here, to be sure. Most of the black and white looks are pretty solid. The beginning was actually very strong, imo. The denim, however, is startlingly bad. An utter failure.

I was not ready for spikes' return.
I would say it's less worse than usual, but it's still ugly.

This collection reminds me of birds making a nest: they build it with whatever they can get. So here we have Chanel rip-offs, aborted deconstruction, supermarket cheap denim, deformed volumes; and garbage-bag vynils at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->