Balmain F/W 2024.25 Paris

Dear Oliver! You don't need to copy anyone! Literally! You run an amazing house with amazing history! Check the archives and take your copies from there!
But in away I somehow enjoyed it...:innocent:

Prob his best in ages. Absolutely gorgeous.

normies love balmain bc its exquisitely made, easy to wear and looks like Parisian fashion. This meets all those criteria.

The new font reminds of the Dunhill one! The day he discovers he can use fabrics, instead of cardboard, it will be a real improvement.

Couldn’t agree more! I don’t know who deemed these fabrics apt to be used for garments. I think that grape printed one was the same my grandma used to reupholster her couches ca. 1989. Other models look like they’d have an easier time flying to the moon than taking their clothes off, they look mummified rather than dressed.

my favourite show he's done in a while. i loved the fruit prints and aesthetic for the most part (not really as jewelry), it felt more warm and motherly to me rather than matronly and out of touch. quite an endearing collection. the shoes were kind of a distraction

i don't mind this at all. he does best when he's honest and right here he is unabashedly frank and playing to his strengths, even if it's swagger-jacking schiaparelli lol. can't totally hate on that. ironically, he's focused here and i didn't feel like i was shouting "edit! edit! edit!" in my head too much.

there are about three looks i have my eye on but everything else is a bit too... oily, but that's what brings in the money.

The casting is so good... it had a really transformative effect on the clothes.

Sharp shapes with sharp execution makes all the difference, glamour clothes with glamour styling too. Sometimes designers present a collection and the styling clash with the clothes, but that's not the case here.

Olivier won't be the one to reinvent the glamazon look but this was a good proposition.

I respect this for the fact those architectural pieces are incredibly difficult to do, and only late Gianfranco Ferre had that finesse of doing it in the 80s and 90s, a designer I have soft spot for . For me its a well made HC collection not really a RTW, on those merits it works well.

The only good things about it are the opening look and look 40. The rest is pure trash garbage and just another level of tacky. But it’s not worse than his last collection (only saved by the fabulous campaign with Gisele)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->