balmain-spring-summer-2010-mens-06.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 20
more from selectism

Attachments

• balmain-spring-summer-2010-mens-03.jpg
    balmain-spring-summer-2010-mens-03.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 13
The clothes are allright...meh....but the model! :eyebrows:

I think without the high fashion styling/model/photography this would just look like stuff picked out of goodwill.

whoever shoots these lookbooks works pure fashion magic because these clothes NEVER look this good when presented initially. decarnin might consider styling his shows in this fashion because i had serious doubts about this collection before seeing this lookbook. i'd hang that first photograph on my wall, framed.

Seriously I do not care for the clothes,though I don't mind that Clement makes me look at them :wink:

whoever shoots these lookbooks works pure fashion magic because these clothes NEVER look this good when presented initially. decarnin might consider styling his shows in this fashion because i had serious doubts about this collection before seeing this lookbook. i'd hang that first photograph on my wall, framed.
Karim Sadli (french talent) shots the Balmain, I thinK.
He has a thread onto tFS (http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f71/karim-sadli-photographer-78812.html).
I don't know abt the styling, though.

I like the leather jkts ...

Meh!
Balmain female line is so stunning,cool and modern,it's so unfair that the male one looks like something taken from a cheap street market :sick:

A couple of the pieces are not bad, but overall it looks so drab and wrinkled. The photography, however, does it make it a tiny bit more appealing.

I don't think Balmain femail line is modern, at all, it's so demodé.

last season was exactly the same. bland showroom pictures, cool lookbook attitude

None of these pieces look like they deserve the price tag they'll get. This whole distressed/military vibe from Balmain is getting real old.

^seriously,one could go straight to one's army/navy surplus store and second hand shop and buy this stuff. why the hell would anybody pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a bunch of ripped off crap they can easily acquire for 40$ or less?

Last edited by a moderator:
^seriously,one could go straight to one's army/navy surplus store and second hand shop and buy this stuff. why the hell would anybody pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a bunch of ripped off crap they can easily acquire for 40$ or less?

because they can and because it's balmain. does every thread about balmain have to devolve into this same conversation?

look, EtrosexualJ's yet-to-come purchases

srsly, are you sure this ain't the Zara lookbook? could be GAP too...

because they can and because it's balmain. does every thread about balmain have to devolve into this same conversation?

I think it devolve's into that because people can see right through what Balmain is making and the prices for those clothes. The clothes are very mediocre to some and they feel as if they can get the same thing for a MUCH cheaper price.

I think it devolve's into that because people can see right through what Balmain is making and the prices for those clothes. The clothes are very mediocre to some and they feel as if they can get the same thing for a MUCH cheaper price.

as stated in every other thread about balmain: many people invest in designerwear for the exclusivity not just the actual "cost" of the materials and workmanship that goes into them. people buy a balmain jacket BECAUSE it's a balmain jacket much like people pay more for fatty tuna from masa than they do from sushi hana...

^ Ditto.
Besides, Balmain menswear isn't as exxy as womans wear, except for the biker jeans, some destroyed t-shirts and sweatshirts, everything else is even cheaper than similar basic stuff from Dolce&Gabbana or Cavalli, so I don't see why the complaints about Balmain menswear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annetbef
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->