Balmain Menswear F/W 2024.25 Paris

why the f*ck is naomi there? girl, retire. you're tired as f*ck.

Her appearance on runways isn't even fun anymore. Just annoying.

One Hundred Percent agree… Used to love seeing rare appearances but these appearances / collaborations that she’s been doing of late are really watering down her legacy!! This appearance was not needed whatsoever!! It’s ok to refuse jobs!!

why the f*ck is naomi there? girl, retire. you're tired as f*ck.
I might be the minority but I actually love it when she closes a show. Something about her confident powerful walk that is a breath of fresh air from todays army of clones with only a few models showing personality in their walk. That said I love the collection, its almost too literally 80s, I was just waiting for Style with Elsa Klensch logo on the lower left corner. This lighter Balmain is alot better than the heavier pieces they tend to have.

As for this collection there is too much going on here… Really hard to see the beauty if any without the reference overload!!

Specifically and exclusively by the standards of Rousteing for Balmain, the first section is a master class in restraint, subtlety and beauty.

Since he has no particular discipline, that's followed by a comical Pantone nightmare of "Dick Tracy meets the Joker" ensembles.

Then it's back to his usual schtick of metallic-embellished decadent banality in black.

Overall, way above average for him, but I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm a fan.

(I think maybe Rick Owens and JW Anderson already used up most of the available ugliness this season.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duckyjeanjo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->