Barbara Mori

Nefertiti87

Reaction score
BarbaraMori018.jpg

Bárbara Mori Ochoa
(born February 2, 1978 in Montevideo, Uruguay) is a Mexican actress and model.

Actress-model Bárbara Mori Ochoa was born on 2 February, 1978. She is of Uruguayan-Japanese and Lebanese heritage; her Japanese ancestry is from her paternal grandfather. She has two siblings; actress Kenya Mori and brother Kintaró Mori. Her parents Yuyi Mori and Rosario Ochoa divorced when she was three years of age. Mori spent her early chilhood between Mexico and Uruguay and finally settled in Mexico City at the age of twelve.
One day, while working as a waitress at the age of fourteen, fashion designer Marcos Toledo invited her to work as a model. She became independent by the age of seventeen and went to live with her cousins.At nineteen she met actor Sergio Mayer, who would later become father to their son Sergio, born in 1998. They never married.
She later studied acting in El Centro de Estudios de Formación Actoral. She made her acting debut in the Mexican telenovela Al norte del corazón. She then participated in the comedy series Tric Tac and Mirada de mujer the following year. She obtained her first TVyNovelas Award for her role in Mirada de mujer for Best New Actress.
In 1998, Bárbara Mori got her first leading role as "Azul" in the series Azul Tequila, co-starring with Mauricio Ochmann. A year later she filmed the series Me muero por tí in Miami, with Peruvian actor Christian Meier. She participated in her first film in 2000, in the Mexican comedy Inspiración. Later, she acted in various other telenovelas including, Amor descarado and the highly–rated Mexican soap opera Rubí, which earned her another TVyNovelas Award.
In 2005 she obtained the starring role in the blockbuster film La mujer de mi hermano as Zoe, and her husband was portrayed by Christian Meier, with whom she had previously co-starred in Me muero por tí. After breaking up with Mayer, Mori dated Manolo Cardona.[citation needed] She also won the leading role in "Pretendiendo", a Chilean/Mexican-backed movie which was critically panned.
Indian film producer Rakesh Roshan has recently signed her as the leading lady for his upcoming movie Kites opposite Indian actor Hrithik Roshan. To be shot in New Mexico, Las Vegas and Los Angeles, Kites is scheduled to go into production by the end of July 2008, and likely to be released in 2009.

biography from wikipedia; picture from bellazon:flower:

Barbara Mori @ Bright Star Premiere during the 62nd International Cannes Film Festival on May 15, 2009 in Cannes, France

celebutopia

Barbara Mori @ Kites Photocall held at the Majestic Beach during the 62nd International Cannes Film Festival on May 15, 2009 in Cannes, France

celebutopia

I am very much looking forward to Kites, but mainly cause Kangana is in it (she being my favourite Bollywood starlet). I like her dress at the premiere, but not at the Kites promo...it just looks kinda cheap.

thanks for opening a thread about her nefertiti87. barbara is gorgeus her show rubi started in germany a couple of weeks ago. I am really looking forward to kites.

Thank you Nefertiti87. I love Barbara, Rubi is my favorite telenovela. I even bought the DVD. :smile:
I also like her in the premiere, but not in the promo. But she is still gorgeous.

i cant believe she has her own thread now in here lol. Since Rubi i havent heard from her or saw her on tv. i never considered her style to be great although se looks good in cannes.

GODDD I LOVE YOU for this we talked about her in the megan fox thread and I LOVE that she has her own thread now :D

thank you I will post a few pics when I find my folders :D

Here are some random pictures of her :smile:

Attachments

• 6NqsvkCXIZDy4q2m-vi.jpg
    6NqsvkCXIZDy4q2m-vi.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 157
  • barbara169-vi.jpg
    barbara169-vi.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 2
  • new_mexico.jpg
    new_mexico.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0