Beach House

Cannot stop listening to Teen Dream. Its absolutely beautiful!

A new find for me.

I love Beach House :wub: Used To Be is one of my favourite songs.
beach-house.jpg

source:mikechristie.wordpress.com

'Used To Be' is my current fave, especially the 'every day now' part at the end.

People say that she sounds like Nico!
they both share that husky, brandy-drinking, cigarrette-smoking voice of an old lady(in the best possible way of course)! So naturally they are compared with eachother!
What do you think?

"The critics say "A secret worth knowing about." Evening Standard
Your music? Victoria Legrand: "We're grabbing someone from behind. Grabbing a thigh."
Influences? Alex Scally: "More than styles or artists, we are inspired by songs. There are so many amazing songs from every decade, even the 40s, like Frank Sinatra."
Musical highlight? VL: "Playing in some amazing venues on our tour."
Your look? VL: "The best is when you pick up three things and you're like, Look what I did!"
Festival tip? VL: "Wear no sunblock, stand by the largest speaker, down a bottle of vodka and wear uncomfortable shoes. And stare at everyone very confrontationally."
-Who wants to volunteer to try this out and see how that goes?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/culture/2010/may/22/festivals-hot-new-acts

i saw them in paris a few days ago and it was even better than i expected. i completely fell in love with victoria (that voice+ that hair+ those clothes) and the whole gig was just mind-blowing.

That gig was on my birthday. That would have been the perfect present if I happened to be in Paris.

I knew Victoria was french, but Ive never seen her speak French before, thats why she has such a gorgeous rapsy voice.

Ive been loving Beach House for a really long time now, and I first Downloaded Teen Dream in March, and I haven't stopped listening to it since, and just this week I bought a hard copy just to have, because I've gotten so much out of their music in the past year.

Im really happy that they were among the top best *critically* rated albums in 2010, and I know they'll make even more extremely well written and composed music in the coming year.

i only have a few of the songs from teen dream but i like what i've been hearing so far...

I've got:

Norway
Walk in the Park
10 Mile Stereo
Silver Soul
Used to Be

is there any other song of theirs that i should definitely be adding to my itunes?

^i would say zebra, heart of chambers, take care.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiepeaches
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->