Beauty products in the fridge

Platinum Blonde

Reaction score
Do you have beauty products in the fridge? I read that it is good because it is cold and dark in the fridge. I have one of my perfumes there. But I also read that it is good to have skincare products,hair masks and nailpolishes in the fridge. I don't know about makeup products though.

I read in a magazine that putting nail polish in the fridge is just a myth because it only makes it go more thick and gloopy. I'm not sure about any other products.

The worst place to put anything is in the bathroom, because the temperature changes so often, and it can be damp from the steam of a shower or bath. But I admit, I would hate to mess with putting things in the fridge or in another room. I even had a small fridge in my bathroom for a while, but found it to be inconvenient.

The only things I myself could bother putting away are things that you wont use for whole seasons at a time. Like perfumes or lipsticks.

Oohhh, I probably should be keeping products in the fridge, because I live in Queensland, Australia and it is super hot here. Also, I once purchased Benefit You Rebel TM, and although it was fine in the store, a few days after purchase it oxidised in the heat and it was totally orange, unusable.

Thank you for your answers. I am also sure that it is better to keep your beauty products in the fridge for examples than in the bathroom.
Is it easy to find mini fridges?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely easy to find mini fridges, it's easiest in the mid-late summer because that's when there's all the dorm stuff and they have small ones. I ought to try that with my perfumes, ever since I started working at Bath and Body Works I bought a few more perfumes (I must have 11 different EDT's and that does not include as many if not more body splashes) but I rarely use them since we have all the testers at work.

I would NOT put nail polishes in the fridge though!

All of my facial toners and masks are in the fridge,they feel so refreshing when i put them on ^_^

It's really interesting to read all your answers!
Trista: One more question. Do you know if it is easy to find mini fridges in other colours than the traditional white? Like in pink?

I think you can always spray-paint your mini fridge :unsure:

I am keeping all my nail polishes in the fridge and I would say that they go gloopy much later, then without being kept in the cool environment.
I am putting my powders and blushes to the fridge ovenight to killl any bacteria living on their surface :shock:
I am keeping there all my vit C serums and creams (like LRP's Redermic) and spare sunfilters.

Oh wow. I might try and put a few of my masks in the fridge , it must be so refreshing and kills bacteria at the same time xD

The fridge doesn't actually kill bacteria, rather it inhibits its activity.
Killing bacteria requires more drastic measures (freezer).

I keep eyeliner & lip pencils in the fridge if the weather is warm

I keep my Annick Goutal Masque Splendide (rose) i the refrigerator

Platinum Blonde said:
Do you know if it is easy to find mini fridges in other colours than the traditional white? Like in pink?

I have two and neither of them are white. :unsure: I'd prefer white though.

I've also found that putting my nail polishes in the fridge actually DOES make them last longer, mind you I put mine in the door so they aren't actually in the coldest part of the fridge. The only other beauty product I put in the fridge is my Lush mask.

^ I agree! I keep all my nail polishes in the door of the fridge and they can last for ages.
The only other things I keep in there are toners and facial wipes.

that's because when it gets too hot, the emulsion begins to get unstable, causing all the chemicals to start splitting and either have a thickening or a thinning effect.

I've thought about putting all my products into the fridge. Currently I keep my toners and moisturizers in there... Are there any disadvantages that come with putting products in the fridge?

I put my nail polishes, eye gels and toners in the fridge. Drives BF crazy. :D

I put lavender water in the fridge.Makes a refreshing squirt on the face in hot weather!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->