Beauty products that gross you out

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
Just read in the current Allure about the ReGenica skincare line, which features growth factors from babies' foreskins, or, as Allure put it, "cells from newborn skin (left over from circumcision)."

I'm not saying I totally object to having foreskin on my face, but I believe I should know its owner very, very well.

What other beauty products are way too gross to use??

^ Ah, I see it's the geisha's secret ... one she can keep, I agree :wink:

Not so much ingredients per se for me but texture. Anything gloopy that reminds me of snot is out.

That's just :sick:

Lip products in general. Everything that's on the lips that I don't wish to eat. I'm sure I won't die from dimethicone in my lip products but I get disgusted when reading the ingredients list -and when stuff feels like plastic on the lips.

I keep using them anyway because I haven't found any alternatives...

^ I was grossed out to find vinyl among the ingredients in a new Olay product I was about to order. I quickly decided I'll have to find an alternative. There is no concern that should make me willing to put the nastiest plastic out there on my skin ...

I haven't found too many things with bad texture, although Patricia Wexler has this hot pink gel that has a 'not found in nature' kind of bouncy texture that seems really artificial ...

That's just :sick:

Lip products in general. Everything that's on the lips that I don't wish to eat. I'm sure I won't die from dimethicone in my lip products but I get disgusted when reading the ingredients list -and when stuff feels like plastic on the lips.

I keep using them anyway because I haven't found any alternatives...

You should try organic products, those you can actually eat (not really so, but you know what I mean :D).
There are plenty of brand that are offering wide range of natural organic lipbalms (my favourite is from Hurraw!), lipglosses and lipsticks. :flower:

When you do those nose strips and you see all the clogged bits. Its gross but satisfying at the same time but doing strips in general is basically ripping off your skin.

Do we even have to mention placenta..?

:shock: I just looked it up and I never thought of products with placenta in them. Oh my....

I second goopy products and the foreskin products! :P Also things with an absurdly greasy texture. The kind that still feels slimy/greasy on your fingers even after you wash your hands. Also apparently there's beauty products with sperm in them. No thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ You had me laughing out loud :lol: Are there really??!! Time to start naming names ... I want to read the package instructions ... "for external use only" :rofl:

I don't know what this says about me, but I'm not really grossed out by placenta as an ingredient. I believe I read somewhere that they used to be eaten, I guess they're very nutritious :innocent: If we stop short of that, I think I'm good.

Jinadaze, do you know of any lipsticks? I have some organic balms (Hurraw is on my list to try) but no lipsticks.
My favourite lipstick is Viva La Diva's Chill Out and it's such a bright colour that I'm using to correct my natural lip colour. I imagine it will be hard to find organic makeup in those neon-pastel kind of colours...

I have a fear of hair dye because of the chemicals but I never took the time to find out more about them, I just stay away from dye. A while ago I read that the chemicals goes through your body and comes out with the urine in very high amounts, after dying with regular hair dye.
Now I can only think of this chemical urine cocktail when contemplating changing my hair colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jinadaze, do you know of any lipsticks? I have some organic balms (Hurraw is on my list to try) but no lipsticks.

Dr. Hauschka, Lily Lolo, bareMinerals, Logona, Juice Beauty, Benecos comes to my mind. Those are all natural brands, so you don't need to check specifically for a lipstick like that.:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->