Bel Powley

Yohji

Reaction score
I can't wait to see more of his girl both on-screen and on the red carpet because her Sundance style was promising. Unique, but not try-hard like most girls her age.

Isobel Dorothy "Bel" Powley (born 7 March 1992) is a British actress best known for playing Daisy Miller in the CBBC television series M.I. High. An alumnus of Holland Park School, she is the daughter of British actor Mark Powley. Powley plays the protagonist in the 2015 film The Diary of a Teenage Girl, which premiered at the 2015 Sundance Film Festival.

Bel Powley at The Diary of a Teenage Girl Cast Party at the GREY GOOSE Blue Door during Sundance on January 24, 2015 in Park City, Utah.​
g24JXWOl.jpg

cf66E37l.jpg

Bel Powley attends McDonald's McCafe Presents The Village at The Lift 2015 on January 23, 2015 in Park City, Utah.​
jv7viVtl.jpg

TO2KcPhl.jpg

Bel Powley is seen on January 24, 2015 in Park City, Utah.​
saLrVnbl.jpg

ezmN9fcl.jpg

gUEbzBll.jpg

Actress Bel Powley from "The Diary of a Teenage Girl" poses for a portrait at the Village at the Lift Presented by McDonald's McCafe during the 2015 Sundance Film Festival on January 23, 2015 in Park City, Utah.​
jWeTn8E.jpg

fGZHG0F.jpg

aCVXWu6.jpg

zimbio.com

Wearing Louis Vuitton and Stella McCartney, respectively.

Max Mara Celebrates Kate Mara - The 2015 Women In Film Max Mara Face of the Future
16 Jun 2015 - West Hollywood, California United States​

iUW6QVM.jpg

2015 Los Angeles Film Festival - Premiere Of "The Diary of a Teenage Girl" - Red Carpet
13 Jun 2015 - Regal Cinemas L.A. Live - Los Angeles, California United States​

VHLagsb.jpg

ZuHQnkY.jpg

zimbio.com, celebmafia.com

The SAG Foundation Screening And Q&A Of "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl"
29 Jul 2015 - Harmony Gold - Los Angeles, California United States

cRdnTDG.jpg

RPv2Qn9.jpg

"The Diary Of A Teenage Girl" Press Conference
27 Jul 2015 - Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills - Los Angeles, California United States

FiAcjdQ.jpg

tUT8vOS.jpg

Los Angeles Times Indie Focus Screening Of "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl"
27 Jul 2015 - Sundance Sunset Cinema - Los Angeles, California United States

wGrDYP2.jpg

UDHKBYl.jpg

Miu Miu Club - Launch Of the First Miu Miu Fragrance And Croisiere 2016 Collection - Photocall
04 Jul 2015 - Palais d'Iena - Paris France

ELOKfWw.jpg
wireimage.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
She looked chic (in Miu Miu?) at the screening. Anna Wintour was there and she even put her in the latest issue of Vogue. :shifty:

Sony Pictures Classics With The Cinema Society Host A Screening Of "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl" - After Party
05 Aug 2015 - Jimmy At The James Hotel - New York, New York United States

hap6G8Y.jpg

vtvnhhn.jpg

EaDfUQL.jpg

Premiere Of "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl"
04 Aug 2015 - Castro Theatre - San Francisco, California United States

:lol:

QQCFrDe.jpg

tBDoNzA.jpg

Vogue August 2015.​
v02iYeg.jpg

“When I was young,” says Bel Powley, now an antique 23, “there weren’t any teenage girls I could relate to in film. They were all put in boxes: the virginal good girl, the really sarcastic asexual one. I wanted to do something that represented how I felt then.” This month’s The Diary of a Teenage Girl promises to launch the charismatic Powley just as An Education did Carey Mulligan. Minnie is a brainy, awkward fifteen-year-old in seventies San Francisco who initiates an affair with the 35-year-old boyfriend (Alexander Skarsgård) of her feckless mother (Kristen Wiig). It’s an unsettling role, but Powley pulls us into its heady mix of confusion and libido. “Bel has this face you want to look at,” says director Marielle Heller. “There’s always something fascinating happening beneath the surface.”

In person, Powley, wearing a nifty blue-and-white Rachel Comey blouse and blue Zara heels, is a confident, stylish Londoner (she lives in Kensal Rise). Having debuted in Polly Stenham’s hit play Tusk Tusk, she hopes to continue in theater and film like Mulligan and Ruth Wilson, another favorite. In the meantime, her intense-eyed energy has landed her parts like Princess Margaret in Julian Jarrold’s “very fun, very rompy” A Royal Night Out and Lord Byron’s teenage lover in A Storm in the Stars. “I want to keep playing strong female roles,” Powley says. “I don’t mean superheroes, but women who are really alive.”

Sittings Editor: Lawren Howell
Hair: Dennis Gots; Makeup: Sabrina Bedrani
Photographed at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
zimbio.com, wireimage.com, vogue.com

She has a really interesting look, love her outfit at the premiere!

AOL BUILD Speaker Series Presents: "The Diary Of A Teenage Girl"
07 Aug 2015 - AOL Studios In New York - New York, New York United States

7FqK8PK.jpg

oc4Vg1d.jpg

VynRvRU.jpg

wireimage.com​

Anybody ID her silver boots in the middle pic of post #7?

Last edited by a moderator:
Not too fond of the makeup job in the last set. Still, she's definitely one to watch

The 23rd Annual Hamptons International Film Festival - Day 4
11 Oct 2015 - East Hampton, New York United States

rKseC0J.jpg

BGdnB8b.jpg

WciiOly.jpg

The 23rd Annual Hamptons International Film Festival - Day 3
10 Oct 2015 - East Hampton, New York United States

0yzifw3.jpg

jeew79Q.jpg

dHmyHMk.jpg

CAIl8sc.jpg

rzGdXXo.jpg

WjRPOFf.jpg

zimbio.com

25th Annual Gotham Independent Film Awards - Arrivals
30 Nov 2015 - Cipriani Wall Street - New York, New York United States

D0298Pm.jpg

zimbio.com

She won there Best Actress beating Cate Blanchett!

Actres Bel Powley attends the BAFTA Los Angeles Awards Season Tea at Four Seasons Hotel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on January 9, 2016 in Los Angeles, California.
cWqVfpl.jpg

BZyU3zY.jpg

zimbio

Love the printed Gucci dress on her.

2016 Film Independent Filmmaker Grant And Spirit Award Nominees Brunch - Arrivals
09 Jan 2016 - BOA Steakhouse - West Hollywood, California United States

Zrvjioj.jpg

The Moet British Independent Film Awards 2015 - Red Carpet Arrivals
06 Dec 2015 - Old Billingsgate Market - London United Kingdom

3gFj0m4.jpg

29th FN Achievement Awards
02 Dec 2015 - IAC Headquarters - New York, New York United States

UtOs6aj.jpg

zimbio.com, justjared.com

Jeff Vespa PhotoShoot 2015

starity.hu

Bel Powley attends the Lancome BAFTA nominees party at Kensington Palace on February 13, 2016 in London, England.
p7HUhdB.jpg

Vd2xmqD.jpg

zimbio

She looks like a modern day Coco Chanel. Love it.

Excited to see what she'll wear to her first big award show. I still think it sucks that she wasn't nominated for Best Actress this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sashaaa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->