Best Denim/Jeans: Who makes them?

leyla m.

Reaction score
As we all know, it is the most challenging thing to find the perfect pair of jeans (AND going with the flow of fashion) and with the recent seasons being inundated with the sinny jeans scene the quest surely didnt get any easier.
I am on the lookout for the hottest brand of denim RIGHT NOW. I am looking for the whole package. style, quality, branding (name, presentation, etc)!
Denim brands grow like apples on trees and everytime i blink my eye a new so called "HOT" skinny jean has come onto the scene.
I must say i have a soft spot for Superfine, just because the brand looks good:blush: and would sit well with all my other brands.
Now as you gathered I am looking for a brand or two to buy and stock in my own store and would be very appreciative for some serious suggestions from both sexes: boys and girls!!:heart:

:flower:thank you:flower:

I own exactly 26 different brands of premium denim (literally, I just counted LOL) and 37 pairs total. And I would have to say, without a doubt, the top 3 premium denim brands for men are:

Bread Denim
http://www.breaddenim.com/

PROS:
- Perfect quality, you can feel the quality when you wear this pair of jeans
- There are a lot of small details they put in their denim that make every jean unique
- This brand of jeans is EXTREMELY limited, so for the people that like their clothes to be exclusive, this is a BIG plus

CONS:
- again...this brand is extremely limited, so although is a plus, it can also be a con. Because since every jean is unique in the details, it is a matter of luck when it comes to getting the details you want AND in your size.

PRPS
http://www.prpsgoods.com/

PROS:
- These jeans are, by far, the BEST quality jeans I have ever laid hands on. It is made of the finest Japanese denim. Unlike most jeans that can't last past a year, you can wear these jeans everyday and it will last you for at least 3 years.

CONS:
- The styles that PRPS make can be a little too crazy at times. This brand of jeans caters to a younger crowd. So with the exception of their raw denim jeans, if your trying to find a pair of distressed jeans that is versatile and conservative (a pair of jeans that you can wear with every kind of outfit), you will really have a hard time looking for a good pair.

LA Denim Atelier
http://www.ladenimatelier.com/

PROS:
- The style of distressing in these jeans are "perfected to a tee". Their jeans are distressed enough to look good with streetwear, but still conservative enough to throw a shirt and blazer with it. This brand of jeans has to be the most versatile pair of jeans I own

CONS:
- Their variety in style of the jeans is very limited. So if you wind up owning 5 different pairs of jeans from LA Denim Atelier, you will notice that those 5 pairs of jeans are exactly the same, just a different color and/or material.

...I hope this helps :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
We need a female to post something like Allius just did.:o
It would be so helpful.

alius,

great way of describing. will have a look into those today! :flower:

lovemyboots,

i agree. i am sure we have some l denim aficionados girls on here too :wink:

alius,
i had a look and although they do look interesting bread denim didnt have any visuals.

i think this would be interesting to find out.

mods,
if you think there is a better section to move this topic to, pls do :smile:

I just love Chip and Peppers. They make your bum look very good.

I own 32 different brands of designer denim (I actually keep a count :ninja:) and about 45 pairs of denim in total.

I personally like Seven for their fit, washes and lengths. They offer a variety for all cuts, sizes and washes. :flower:

Tsubi jeans are the best - for boys and girls. They are super slim, they come in awesome colors, and they have little details on the back pocket and a logo on the lower left thigh - which makes them stand out from the rest!

I love love the fit and cut of April 77!

Superfine are great too and whilst i love the feel of my sevens they stretched out so much they're now falling off me. My TR still make my thighs look super slim and so also have to be a fave. Notifys i love but because i'm so petite had to take off about 4 inches.

i must confess that i only wear sevens... its the classic pair of denims that just seem to fit most.

i love ksubi and the colours and i love superfine and idea behind April77... but what about NON slim fit denim?

i mean superfine is now doing baggier styles and i suppose the others will follow but is there a brand who is ab ALL ROUNDER in terms of fits, colours, quality, styles, etc?

I think Superfine are really the best jeans on the market now, for both men and women. They surpass Tsubi in terms of quality and fit, and they are just cleaner and easier to wear with things. As for non skinnys, I think Anlo (they only do women's that I know of) is a really good company. While they started off with skinnys, I know they have branched out into wide legs and trousers. I know that they fit just about everyone, and they have really nice, basic washes. Also, J-Brand I know has launched a whole slew of new styles, moving away from skinnys and straights. However, they fit erratically, and I know a lot of people who can not wear them. Plus, they are a little common (every store has them, really no exclusivity).

For men, I think it is incredibly hard to find great jeans. Personally, as I said, my favorite jeans at the moment are Superfines. I use to love Tsubi, but they just got very tired. APC still does a standout basic jean for men (but if you are doing them, avoid the "New Standard" it is all non-APC stores ever have and they have much better cuts).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the fit of denim really depends on people's body types and preferences. With that said, I stand by Notify because it fits me perfectly and the fabric, wash and treatment all feels very expensive and luxurious. Also, I just bought a pair of skinny tapered Uniqlo jeans today and it seems to be a very good deal for the price, wash and fit.

A friend of mine recently bought a pair of uniqlo jean, at first I was surprised as I’ve stepped into that shop once or twice and have never found anything I liked…plus I wasn’t sure the quality and cut were going to be good….a few days later I complimented her on the jeans she was wearing and told me those were the jeans she bought at uniqlo! They looked really good! Unfortunately she was wearing the smallest size they do and so there was no way I would a pair that fit me.

Tsubi jeans are the best - for boys and girls. They are super slim, they come in awesome colors, and they have little details on the back pocket and a logo on the lower left thigh - which makes them stand out from the rest!

I heard that Tsubi/Ksubi(?) jeans were really good too.
I wish I had a pair, except they are too expensive for me :doh::(

really? uniqlo does good jeans? will check them out next time :smile:

alius,
i had a look and although they do look interesting bread denim didnt have any visuals.

i think this would be interesting to find out.

I'm sure you'll find the right jeans to fit your boutique :flower:

I live off of lucky brand jeans, I think they are fabulous.

pro-They have a large selection of sizes, including rare sizes such as 24 extra long or something like that. They know how to find your fit. Also considering that they're designer, they're pretty cheap $89-$100.

con-Sometimes I feel the denim can be a bit too thick and dense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->