Bill Blass Spring/summer 05

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
Michael Volbracht has nixed the older models this year...he said the editors "got the point," so no dancing Pat Cleveland on the runway...

Good riddance to Pat Cleveland. I'm tired of seeing her smug mug prancing and dancing on the runways. Go back to the 70's where you belong. And take your utterly unattractive daughter with you while you're at it.

r511995518.jpg

r2728734843.jpg

r2471065343.jpg

r3028813786.jpg

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Sep 9 2004, 04:44 PM
Good riddance to Pat Cleveland. I'm tired of seeing her smug mug prancing and dancing on the runways. Go back to the 70's where you belong. And take your utterly unattractive daughter with you while you're at it.
[snapback]361235[/snapback]​

:rofl:

Oh, dear me...

It seems to be a good season for slightly ageing/obscure American fashion houses...

I'm not loving the clothes, but the girls look great!! :heart: :heart:

several looks remind me of other designers' works, especially the Matthew Williamson-esque look on Hana.

oh my...the clothes are painfully old-fashioned... they'll keep the older customers...but won't gain any younger ones...

a geriatric collection... :huh: :ermm:

Textbook example of knowing its clients and their wants. This is a fantastic company in that sense.

Who knows, maybe somewhere Mr. Blass is nodding in approval.

Reviews from last season's show

from FWD

Bill Blass
Verdict: Critics were not swept away by Vollbracht’s second collection for Blass.
“But mostly it was frustrating, because with a few looks…Vollbracht proved that he can at least visit this fashion planet. Why he refuses to become a full-time resident is a mystery.” — WWD
“This was a show strictly for Blass aficionados who are convinced that nothing is ever going to change their world.” — The International Herald Tribune
“[Vollbracht] is right to believe that there is a mature customer who longs for elegant fashion. But he is wrong to think that she is ready to trade in her sexuality and her girlish spirit just because she’s logged more than a few birthdays.” — The Washington Post
“Michael Vollbracht showed his second collection for Bill Blass, a label once synonymous with the joys of Manhattan but now resonating with a mood of somewhere very far away.” — The New York Times

I don't like it :unsure: the clothes look too... dated.

Looks like a time warp, but I believe that is a defining feature of the Blass customer. I can picture the women in Dallas fully embracing this collection.......

Originally posted by Theory@Sep 9 2004, 08:08 PM
I can picture the women in Dallas fully embracing this collection.......

cast.jpg

"YEAH!"

some more looks (that suit looks horrible on Eugenia:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->