Bio-Oil

impossibleprincess

kabhi alvida
Reaction score
Does anyone use this? It just got launched in the UK. According to their website,

"Bio-Oil contains a combination of Vitamin A and Vitamin E, Calendula, Lavender and Rosemary oils, and Chamomile extract. The proven benefits of these key ingredients, for numerous skin conditions, are well-known and have been widely researched and documented. However, these ingredients are not specific to Bio-Oil.
What differentiates Bio-Oil is its breakthrough ingredient, PurCellin Oil™. "

It's meant to reduce the appearance of stretch marks, scars and generally moisturise.

It's not expensive (around £7 for 60ml bottle) and if anything, it's hydrated my skin well and my face looks a lot "brighter" (i noticed this especially because after I came home out of the rain I looked tired and like I needed 8 hours sleep).

I used that , and found it to be quite effective at helping *not diminishing though* to heal the scars of past blemishes

i've been using it for the past few months . . it's ok . . nthn special
def. smoothes & softens. obv. it's best on damp skin
not sure it abt fading stretchmarks though ?
might go back to tried + tested this works skin deep dry leg oil :heart:
or try their stretch mark oil . . a bit exp. but worth it imo

* apparently this is amazing . . but v. expensive at £95 :lol:

ROD-04.jpg

[blissworld.com]

Thanks guys!

I've just realised I may have posted in the wrong forum. May belong in skin, hair and body care.

Are there any reputable sites that will ship Bio-Oil to the states?

My aunt swears by it for aging skin.
I have been using it on my stretchmarks. Hepls a little, nothing dramatic though.

I just ordered some online since they don't sell it in Canada. it's supposed to help prevent stretchmarks when pregnant. I'm 5 months along now with my first so here's hoping it helps.

anyone else use it during pregnancy?

Bio Oil

I searched for this and had no results, so I thought I'd make a thread about it.

I have recently read about this product called Bio Oil which is supposedly a best-selling product in the UK. It claims to help scars, stretch marks, uneven skin tone (hyperpigmentation), ageing skin and dehydrated skin. The ingredients are mostly natural:

http://www.bio-oil-direct.co.uk/

I've searched for reviews on this and they are somewhat mixed: it seems people either love it or hate it though those who love it seem to be in the majority.

Has anybody tried it? What were you trying to treat? How long were you trying it for? What were your results?

Last edited by a moderator:
I've tried it. I put it on my face just before bed to try and heal my acne scarring a little. I don't have anything serious but my chin is a little red compared to the rest of my face due to spots.

So, I think it's overrated. Good. But definitely overrated AND overpriced. My skin was visibly smoother and more refreshed but it does NOT work miracles or anything close.

I have a friend who absolutely swears by it so I tried it. I've had it for about 2 years and still haven't finished the bottle. You only have to use a small amount, but it can make be a little heavy, I only use it when my skin is very dry because it seems to be the cause of some minor breakouts. Very moisturising though.

I use it twice a day and I have only seen a very slight improvement on my forehead but none on my cheeks which is where my major problem is.

I would agree that it is very overrated.

As misspistol says it is a great moisturiser.

I've been using it for 3 months and I'm happy with the result.

In October I fel on the street, and as a result I have a huge scar in my hip. I bought this product when I came back here after holidays and it has helped to reduce my scar. It is still there, but it's smoother and much less noticeable. And I still have the bottle almost full because very little is enough!

lol, i have so much experience with bio oil but it started in in may 2007 i used something called MaMa Lotion on my forehead and my nose, it was used to like correct scars you know and kinda heal my skin, its acid base. Silly me... I used it and one night i said wow it really works then i looked in the mirror my heart literally skipped 10 beats bits of the middle of my forehead was glowing whitesh gray reallly horrible! i cannot describe, so i washed it out with water copiously and it went down creating a brown burn mark like sunburn but the next day my skin peeled and left terrible scars like u could not believe!

So, this was slap bang in exam time and i actually had to like go to college can u imagine! it was RAW believe me. It lasted through may, june, july and then in august i sceptically bought bio oil praying it wouldnt burn my face off LOL, it was a miracle worker to say it practically gave me my life back like as in confidence because it helped heal it so fast and made my skin 100 times better by the end of august it was fine.

I use bio oil religiously i just wish i had used it in the first place its aaaaalways better to use natural products as apposed to extreme measures and believe me im talking from experience first, i cannot rate this product enough but it works for me and thats enough lol!

I use it about once a week, just after I've exfoliated and put on mask. I think it makes my face brighter and it moisturizes very well. I don't have any scarring or bad uneven skin tone, so I don't really know how it helps for that, but overall I think it's a good product and the bottle definitely lasts for ages.

I suppose it either depends on the individual or it depends on the age of the scar(s) as to whether it works or not. I know that I have sometimes been recommended products by loads of people who are treating the same problem and yet it hasn't done squat for me.

Has anyone used this to reduce the appearance of stretch marks? Since it's advertised as being able to do this.. I was wondering if anyone has any experience? I may be interested in trying it if others have seen pleasant results!

I used it for my acne marks, but it broke me out a little. I didn't see any results so I stopped using it.

I think I should have made a questionnaire because not everyone has given the information necessary to know whether this is any good or not.

I am going to give it a try anyway because it is on sale for less than $10 and normally it is more than three times the price. Plus, if it is useless for scars/hyper-pigmentation it will still come in handy as a long-lasting moisturiser which is exactly what I need for my lower legs. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adspttsa
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->