blazer too small?

yojimbo

Reaction score
i just recieved this blazer from urbanoutfitters in the mail this afternoon, whoopie! :D

http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shopping/product/detailmain.jsp?itemID=21682&itemType=PRODUCT&iProductID=21682

the arm length is perfect, everything feels right about it; except when i try to lift both arms, i could feel the back of the blazer stretched and i can only lift my arms up to a certain angle without it feeling like it's about to rip.. it's a medium sized blazer..

could it be that the size is too small?

the thing is, im a 38r, and according to the size chart a medium should be my size (if i'm reading it correctly, that is..).

btw, the tightness is felt around the back and armpit area of the blazer.

In my opinion, too small. But it really depends on what you want to put up with. I have some jackets like that which I never returned. :blush: I now wish I would have though.

right now the arm length of this size medium blazer is perfect.. if i got a size large instead, will the arm length also be longer?

Last edited by a moderator:
why not just order a bigger size than take it to a tailor and have them fix the arm length?

OH_HEYY said:
why not just order a bigger size than take it to a tailor and have them fix the arm length?

well, wouldnt the chest size and shoulder length be too large then?

it actually fits very well, its just that when i try to stretch out my arms up into the air, the fabric around the armpit area is lacking, if only they made that area longer... :unsure:

Keep in mind, blazers are not designed for you to stretch your arms up in the air. As long as you can do normal things then its perfect...

Reaching for something in a cabinet or hailing a taxi are normal things that require you to raise your hand though.

I don't know.. imo, it sounds like you're trying to sell yourself on it when the reality is it's too small. I agree with OH_HEYYY, buy a larger size and have it tailored (they can do more than arms :wink:)... or keep looking :flower:

yeah, i just realized its hard even to try to drive at the wheel in my car wearing it.. i think im going to turn it in at the store and order another one online, unless someone knows a better darkish brown blazer for sale somewhere else.. i'm looking for something casual.

:lol: Smart move :wink:

I haven't seen one myself recently, so I'd probably jump on the larger size while you have the chance!

Curious said:
Reaching for something in a cabinet or hailing a taxi are normal things that require you to raise your hand though.

You're right. :flower:
In my blazers I can hardly move, but I'm in it for the aesthetics rather than the practicality. I love the slim look so as long as I can walk then I'm happy.

if i get the larger size tailored, it should fit better and look just as good then.. i think.

aaah i have a similar problem with a blazer. It fits perfectly until i move too much. But i still wear it, just goes back to the old argument "Style vs Practicality"

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->