Boudicca to show during Paris Couture week

To show during the couture week is not such a bad idea anyway... most of the buyers are in Paris during that time because of the pre-collections and menswear orders and they will most definitely show the collection again during the women's week just like AVH is doing.

So sorry for missing the news...

Very excited about this move! I really think their techniques are perfect for HC. Everything they do is one-of-a-kind. And I think they have been pretty successful...they may not translate to the masses but I find that this is what is so incredibly special about them. And I deeply admire that they aren't conforming when just about everybody at that level is....they stay true to those principles of the woman of whom their namesake was inspired from. I'm not surprised their move to NY hasn't translated well....everything surrounding them there seemed depressing considering their philosphy and aesthetics.

Last edited by a moderator:
more over....on the subject of selling well,actually they've got a pretty strong stockist list....Browns and now Rei Kawakubo is working with them at Dover Street and I believe that the boutique(which name escapes me at the moment)in Moscow has perhaps the largest selection of Boudicca. Not to mention also,the few boutiques in America that's remained faithful to them like Seven and Naked in LA.

There are couple of outfits of their new S/S 2007 collection on www.ashadedviewonfashion.com

I am very pleased about the few things that I am seeing here, this outfit in particular caught my eye, it's nice to see them simplifiying their formula, this is finally looking very wearable and commercial without necessarily being boring. Bravo!

boudiccapleated.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott said:
more over....on the subject of selling well,actually they've got a pretty strong stockist list....Browns and now Rei Kawakubo is working with them at Dover Street and I believe that the boutique(which name escapes me at the moment)in Moscow has perhaps the largest selection of Boudicca. Not to mention also,the few boutiques in America that's remained faithful to them like Seven and Naked in LA.

Unfortunately, their stockist list is frightening small to date, taking into account that they are around for a couple of years now. It might have to do with the fact that they tend to be a little inconsistant in terms of commerciality, so let's hope they will find a good balance once they emerge in Paris.

I just browsed through their site to see if they have additional pictures of the new S/S 2007 collection online (unfortunately, they didn't have anything up) and had a look into their list (I allow myself to post it here:(

(taken from www.platform13.com)

Barneys.(New York) 660 Madison Avenue, New York. NY 10021-8448. USA. T:212.826.8900 Barneys.(Beverly Hills) 9570 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA. 90212-2420. USA. T:310.276.4400 Browns Focus. 38-39 South Molton Street, London. W1K 5RN. UK. T: +44 (0)20.7514.0063 Concento.(Tokyo) Ginza Komatsu 2F, 6-9-5 Ginza, Chuo-Ku.Tokyo. Japan. T:+81.3.3573.0390 Concento.(Osaka) Shinsaibasha Opa 1F,1-4-3 Shinsaibasha, Nishiku,Osaka.Japan. T:+81.6.6282.8012 Day & Night. Malaya Psadskaya 6. St Petersburg. Russia. T:+7.812.234.2300 Detaj Hutte. 4-4-9 Minami-Kyuhoji, Chuo-Ku. Osaka. Japan. T:+81.6.6258.9248 Dover Street Market. 17-18 Dover Street, London. W1s 4LT. UK. T:+44(0)20.7518.0680 Elpee Factory. 2-7-8 West Ebisu, Shibuya-Ku, Tokyo. Japan. T:+81.3.5728.7181 Esthete. 416 West 14th Street, New York. NY 10014. USA. T:212.620.3120 Seven. 110 Mercer Street, New York, NY 10012. USA. T:646.654.0156 Tearose. Via Velosa Di Sopra 9, Monza (MI) Italy. T:+39.0397.390.376 UK Style. Nikitsky Boulevard 17. Moscow. Russia. T:+7.095.290.2139 Wynn. 3131 Las Vegas Blvd, South, Las Vegas. USA. T:+1.702.770.7100

I like their stuff, and it's good their leaving new york, I don't like new york fashion week that much alot of labels aren't as adventuress. it's so obsessed with trends; and it is kinda disgusting. At least Boudicca is original.

tricot...that is a beauty!! Love that. Thanks for posting it.

I do agree to an extent. At least that they're inconsistent in that respect. But also,they've never really expressed a desire to be that way either. They still continue voice their disdain for such an avenue...I don't really expect them to be fully commercial....perhaps a bit more accessible in area's but never commercial. But to be honest,their last three seasons have been undeniably extraordinary beyond belief....

tric...i don't know if that list is accurate or up-to-date...
i think barney's has dropped them...:ermm:...

but what i saw of fall 06 (which was only about 10-15 pieces) was some generally strong pieces, things that i think would actually sell pretty well...
really nice tailoring and details...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->