Brandon Maxwell S/S 2025 New York

The way they edited the photos to look pale was actually a disservice to the collection. It looks better in the backstage shots

BRANDONMAXWELL_SS25_BACKSTAGE_ACIELLESTYLEDUMONDE_02.jpg
BRANDONMAXWELL_SS25_BACKSTAGE_ACIELLESTYLEDUMONDE_03.jpg
BRANDONMAXWELL_SS25_BACKSTAGE_ACIELLESTYLEDUMONDE_08.jpg
BRANDONMAXWELL_SS25_BACKSTAGE_ACIELLESTYLEDUMONDE_10.jpg
BRANDONMAXWELL_SS25_BACKSTAGE_ACIELLESTYLEDUMONDE_11.jpg

style

As much as people hate NYFW 'round these parts, this is not a bad collection at all. In fact, it's solid in spite of not being spectacular. I'm really loving some of the silhouettes here, particularly the layering styling tricks that I am surely planning to copy very soon. Very pleasant to look at, overall.

Is this really Brandon Maxwell? It could be anyone, much like his stuff from before

Perhaps.

The Brandon Maxwell customer is a midwestern millionaire who just wants some fashionable dresses for her bi-annual holiday cruises, maybe a few jackets and coats for everyday wear, and some formal separates for informal soirees. This sort of nondescript highend department-store servings fulfil her needs. I’ve met with multi-millionaire heads from the midwest who carry a Michael Kors bag— and I’d argue that that’s more of a norm than the exception for a certain demographic of women… This sort of offering is for those woman. It’s no different than Ralph Lauren’s current offerings that may as well be from any of his collection from 10, 20, even 30 years ago that people are going crazy for, apparently. But just like this offering, does Ralph need a show— especially with the annoying rugrats…??? I'll gladly take this over Ralph's showing.

Brands like this— and maybe even so with one such as Christian Siriano, have earned a certain level of respect, as far as I’m concerned: They're confident and secure in whom they’re designing for. I wouldn’t touch either brand if I were woman frankly, especially Siriano’s with a ten-mile pole. But that he’s been steadily and securely plugging away, doing what he’s always done successfully, without the need for selling bags/hoodies/cosmetics, is admittedly very admirable. That the rest of the industry in recent years have finally stooped to his level of cheapness, while he’s been doing tacky drag Barbie since the beginning of his career with the headcount casting is both horrifying and heartwarming LMFAO

cute dupe designer stuff. at least he kind of knows his lane and isnt trying to convince us of stuff

Come on, this is not half as cheap and tacky as Siriano. At least there's some old Céline influence. It's not as bad and derivative as some of you are saying. Brandon Maxwell is one of the not-so-bad bits of NYFW. He's by no means a groundbreaking designer, but he's got good taste. Groundbreaking is overrated anyways, we just need people who make decent fashion nowadays. I'm definitely layering a tube/slip dress on top of a playful seam dress. Ralph Lauren didn't give me any of that kind of inspiration.

The location and lighting (and editing?) really does make this look incredibly pallid.

Pull away the name and it is pretty non-descript, but it is still very palatable and inoffensive. It's done well - or at least better than most of what we've seen so far - so I can't really fault it. Could have done with more colour that's for sure. The amount of neutrals really pushes this into the nameless territory a lot of us are feeling from this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andreagmanili
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->