Brian Reyes S/S 06 New York

the only thing i like about this collection is the first outfit

You all are right. Seems like a whole lot of hype and really no explaination for it with the clothes.

To me,it just looks like a carbon-copy Kors collection.

my 2 cents

i have to disagree... the clothes are beautiful, and up close very flattering and well made. my faves were the 2 dresses in the end of the show. :flower:

I don't like it that much... the clothing isn't bad, it just doesn't give me any impression of any kind.

i liked it, i thought it was sophisticated, i liked those little details that made a difference, i thought it was very apropiated for a NY show (latin design is very diferent from north american one and north american one different from italian and so on, so i think it shows how much he understands about the bussines or shows that he haves some american designs roots), it was also very wearable and i will like to keep watching him in the future.

lamb said:
This black and brown dress is beatiful. It looks like it's made this model (don't know who she is).

Lena said:
lamb, love this print dress you re-posted , this little print line of his is real cool
I agree, that dress really stood out to me.

I think the collection is safe, but it's nice.

It's very safe but not necessarily in a bad way.

I read that he didn't go to school, and he started working in NY when he was like 16.

Scott said:
You all are right. Seems like a whole lot of hype and really no explaination for it with the clothes.

To me,it just looks like a carbon-copy Kors collection.

Oh, Kors! Now that you mention him, I'm feeling tanned, like I'm on a yacht, and in the mood for some really boring clothes--these'll do, darling--one of everything ^_^

Seriously, agree with Lena--my favorite pieces are the brown?black?/ivory print skirt and dress--assume that's the branch print referred to in the article.

Agree that he's going after Oscar's customer with some less than adventurous clothes.

My least favorite was the "weeping bra" dress ... :yuk:

j´adore dior said:
i liked it, i thought it was sophisticated, i liked those little details that made a difference, i thought it was very apropiated for a NY show (latin design is very diferent from north american one and north american one different from italian and so on, so i think it shows how much he understands about the bussines or shows that he haves some american designs roots), it was also very wearable and i will like to keep watching him in the future.

I agree. It's a nice collection. Forgetting about the hype and just looking at the show, I think that it is a lot stronger than a couple of others we are looking at at this moment :innocent:

Elegant, quirky, not exactly my cup of tea, but quite interesting nevertheless.

i am totalloy feeling it. i can see where the positive critics are coming from .
his lines are very neat and can be flattering to a wide spectrum of women... of different age and various body shapes...

I AM ALL FOR HIM :smile:

Ooh, I think this collection is gorgeous. I know its nothing new but the clothes are still breathtaking I think. 2 thumbs up!

I really like about half of the things, epecially when he uses color, and the others don't do much for me.

I thought this was a really pretty collection, even if there were a couple of things I found to be quite ugly....

These dresses might not look good on the show right now, but I bet they'll look good on the racks. For a debut design, this guy's not too bad comapred to people who've been showing collections for 20 years and sucking (Hilfiger).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnV
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->