Burberry Holiday 2020 by Rafael Pavarotti

Benn98

Reaction score
Photographer: Rafael Pavarotti
Stylist: Ibrahim Kamara
Hair: Virginie Moreira
Makeup: Thom Walker
Cast: Zhané Samuels, Chantel Foo, Kevin Bago, Robinson Cassarino, Cynthia Arrebola, Tara Halliwell, Zak Srakaew, Dohyun Kim, Reece Nelson, Marcus Rashford

Vogue China Digital Edition

it’s like a scrapped Prada ad campaign but with (bad) Burberry clothes
(the styling :doh::doh::doh:)

absolute mess. (maybe the last 3 shots in one - I’m getting it right)

Last edited:
Looks like Burberry didn't have the budget to give dancing lessons to the models :zorro:

I’m getting secondhand embarrassment from these images and I almost feel bad for the models...everyone is so uncomfortable looking...you can almost imagine those two girls holding back tears. “DANCE! DANCE!” Like they were monkeys.

This isn’t the 90’s where there was actual camaraderie on set, and where a photoshoot might very well have segued into a party. No - this is now a greasy, soulless, corporate machine clueless enough to think we’re really that dumb to be convinced by this Holiday Joy campaign.

Omg, Burberry is so desperate for a sale. This is not even a 'holiday' collection. Show me the woman who will wear a pants suit over the holiday season when she doesn't even need to go into the office? Let alone the fact that she probably wasn't in the office for most of 2020 to begin with. This looks like a pre-fall collection being passed off as 'holiday'.

They may be 'dancing' but it's yet again another cold and soulless Christmas campaign for Burberry.
Also, the choreographer should be sacked and banished from the dance/theatre community forever.

What must happen before Tisci is out? He ruined this brand ever since he took office.

This is so bad, why are they dancing like The Sim characters? There is nothing joyful about this. Even the Beckham kids are better

I think his contract will be expire next year and the Burberry suits are probably looking for the replacement already. Because looking at this, I feel like both parties don't even happy with each other anymore. Phoebe or Clare please pick up the phone and wake up the Sleeping Burberry.

The clothes are ugly but I like the concept of this campaign.

Is photographer in anyway related to the opera singer?

I think his contract will be expire next year and the Burberry suits are probably looking for the replacement already. Because looking at this, I feel like both parties don't even happy with each other anymore. Phoebe or Clare please pick up the phone and wake up the Sleeping Burberry.

Gobetti must realise he is not Bizzari, and Tisci is not a Michele. It was already revealed earlier this year that China almost singlehandedly carried Burberry throughout the pandemic and their sales actually dropped by 75% in the UK, Europe, and America. That's why we continue to see the dual strategy of streetwear and refined, grown-up dressing, now in the same campaign. It's the sign of a brand in danger. When you look at the brands who are thriving, they all have one thing in common. Niche. You won't find hotpants and LBDs in the most cliche sense at Gucci today, they're missing out on that market which was established by Tom and Frida. Yet despite that they're still immensely sought after, probably because they have a distinct aesthetic.

Tisci's Burberry is way too scattered to connect with a niche audience.

Gobetti must realise he is not Bizzari, and Tisci is not a Michele. It was already revealed earlier this year that China almost singlehandedly carried Burberry throughout the pandemic and their sales actually dropped by 75% in the UK, Europe, and America. That's why we continue to see the dual strategy of streetwear and refined, grown-up dressing, now in the same campaign. It's the sign of a brand in danger. When you look at the brands who are thriving, they all have one thing in common. Niche. You won't find hotpants and LBDs in the most cliche sense at Gucci today, they're missing out on that market which was established by Tom and Frida. Yet despite that they're still immensely sought after, probably because they have a distinct aesthetic.

Tisci's Burberry is way too scattered to connect with a niche audience.

Yes. With the current trends of the suits trying to sell to everyone instead of focus on their core customers is dangerous for the designers because they always have to slap logos on every single products or the hypebeast won't buy it. And they always expect the collections to become an instant hit overnight so they can sell more bags. It's not healthy for Ricardo creative wise because he always have to design 2 collections in 1.

Burberry suits need to realize that having a niche customers always better than diluted your vision for profits. Phoebe Céline wasn't a instant hit, it's take her almost 5 years to make an impact like that on the industry while still focus on one group of customer. Sadly I doubt Tisci tenure at Burberry have the same impact like his Given hy.

Last year campaign was so great and festive...
This just look like a bunch of products thrown together.

The one great thing about Tisci’s Burberry is the fact that he used younger talents and really opened the door of a heritage house for them...Too bad the results don’t match the promise.

I feel like Tisci at Burberry will be remembered as a missed Rendez-vous. There are some great clothes but they are in the middle of a lot of very complicated and confused propositions. On one hand, his Burberry feels very London but not British enough. The campaigns are Hits/Misses...
And overall, it’s a lukewarm era. Both in terms of creativity or financial success.

I don’t care for the juxtaposition between between the bourgeoise clothing and the lifeless models. There is no way people of this age would dress themselves like this without the assistance of a designer and stylist. Who does he think he’s fooling?

Well everything about this looks awkward to the point that it could be confused for satire. I like the colours at least.

There’s a level of accidental comedy in the body languages and expressions of the models. Some look like they are beyond annoyed, some even come off as if they are about to fart. I’ve seen better images from a department store catalog to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->