Calvin Klein #PROUDINMYCALVINS 2021

This quite good. I like the mood of the pictures.

This brand used to be so sexy, iconic, and edgy. Now it's just woke and dull.

Well, I'd say the sexy element is still very present when it comes to certain CK ads. As for the iconic element that's simply impossible to achieve today because we no longer have celebrities and supermodels with such impact and charisma. Who today could possibly recreate the moment that was Marky Mark and Kate Moss? Didn't they actually revisit the legendary Obsession ads by Sorrenti recently? I guess that explains it. It simply isn't fair to compare the current brand with what it was in its heyday. Even the clothes aren't what they used to be.

As for the campaign, I also like this year's offering. Quite lovely.

A campaign with both Arca and Omar Ayuso is a perfect campaign in my eyes. Their videos are also quite sweet.

As for the iconic element that's simply impossible to achieve today because we no longer have celebrities and supermodels with such impact and charisma. Who today could possibly recreate the moment that was Marky Mark and Kate Moss? Didn't they actually revisit the legendary Obsession ads by Sorrenti recently? I guess that explains it. It simply isn't fair to compare the current brand with what it was in its heyday. Even the clothes aren't what they used to be.

Recreations/homages/blatant ripoffs are always weak and deserving of scorn.

Blame the dumbing down of casting choice/creativity/branding directly on these mega-corporations desperately seeking approval from the anti-creative twittermob.

If they wanted to be sensitive to the times and still produce glamour and beauty in the creative vision of classic provocateur CK Underwear campaigns, there’s absolutely no shortage of unbelievably hot models and athletes: Imaan, Edita with Anthony Joshua in a suggestive threesome would set both the hot red-blooded population and the Twitter pearl-clutching puritans off in a frenzy. I’d love to see this corporation put their money where their mouth is and cast a campaign with Anthony, Tyson Ballou and Marlon Teixeira as a suggestive thressome. It’s the allure of the fantasy without being literal— which is the power of fashion. Anthony would likely refuse but who knows, and one can dream (which again, is the power of fashion…)

And there are still strong talents that can produce smoulder and heat seamlessly: Luigi & Iango are the obvious choice for these sorts of shoots. But a more moody tone by the likes of Annemarieke van Drimmelen or Johan Sandberg would bring a cinematic freshness while still preserving the heat. And frankly, even some of this woke cast could be elevated to some semblance of smoulder and heat if they corporations made the effort. They just don’t bother cuz apparently woke is all that they need to appease the basic and funnily enough, very reserved and sexually-puritanical twittermob-- with anything else that these little communists don't like, will get you cancelled.

it's obvious they want to target young people and the lgbtqi+ community with this and those people don't want glamour, they want this version of 'real'

the middle aged folk on here are not that interesting to them anymore

and with that in mind this is fine, that demographic will like it

i do hope there are some donations being made, but i doubt it

I miss CK Collection campaings
This is a big NO for me

Well, I'd say the sexy element is still very present when it comes to certain CK ads.

Well, this is not the case. They wanted to make them look so real, they just ended up looking as amateur as you could get. I'm trying to see something positive about this, but just can't. Lights, styling, everything is depressing. Omar and Arca are trying as hard as they can to pretend sexiness with that cliché pose... both of them are quite shy during interviews, it just looks fake and forced.

You know what you're going to get, before you even see it. And what you see each season could be produced by a random CK generator.

If people really wanted real, they wouldn't be all over social media curating their lives into a tidy lookbook and filtering themselves into 2D versions of human beings. People will always want 'glamour' in the abstract sense - to become a different version of themselves, or to escape themselves, or to be perceived as something more than they are.

Today's expression of glamour might not take the traditional form of looking like you stepped out of Hollywood, but more than ever, people are devoting themselves to cultivating a life for public consumption, where everything is less real than it's ever been before.

But people tend to mistake the mundanity of these cultivated online lives for 'realness'.

These kind of things are why sometimes I get how someone can be less stoic towards LGBTQIA+. The quotes are pretentious and useless - LGBT community doesn't need them, and straight people have no interest in those as well. Fashion industry and pride month are two things that shouldn't be together in my head at least. Fashion industry IS pride, fashion is literally running on the talent and management (most often) of LGBT people, they/us rule fashion, and a lot of art/design world too. This is too much in-your-face, and the sexy element is also too much in-your-face. Very blatant, but any of this is missing sensuality. I know this is a very unpopular opinion, but the majority of people in general, but LGBTQIA+ more so, confuse confidence with narcissism and egomania. Everybody looks just arrogant with those quotes by the side, and self-confidence should never be arrogant and "look at me!".

That said, Honey Dijon is the only one I am pleased to see, she looks glowing, happy and actually sensual and sexy. I love Arca too, but that pic is sad, literally.

Who is asking for this? Who wants this? Why?
I want none of it. This campaign is just sad, if I saw it in store, it would turn me off from buying anything

Recreations/homages/blatant ripoffs are always weak and deserving of scorn.
They just don’t bother cuz apparently woke is all that they need to appease the basic and funnily enough, very reserved and sexually-puritanical twittermob-- with anything else that these little communists don't like, will get you cancelled.
thank you for saying it

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->