Caring for Leather soles

sparklypink

Reaction score
This might sound weird, but how do you care for shoes with leather soles - as in the side that touches the floor, not the side that your foot touches?

Obviously, rain is a no-no... how about dirt and how do I go about cleaning them?

I just got these fabulous heels and the soles are such a soft leather I'm scared to wear them outside in case they get ruined!

THanks in advance for any tips and ideas! :flower:

one tFS member suggested Baby Wipes... or Clorox wipes... I'm guessing any kind of wipe would clean the botton of your soles. I thought they were good ideas.

if you/re super worried you could take your babies to the cobbler to have an extra sole added to the bottom.. so you can replace that one when it wears out.. for some really thin styles it might not always work though..

I always put a rubber sole on my shoes with leather soles...

Dego said:
I always put a rubber sole on my shoes with leather soles...

Isn't it more "classy" to have the "noisy" leather soles? And if anything have put on a plastic sole or something so it'll still be noisy?

I've only got one, new couple of shoes with a slick leather sole and the salesguy said to have put on a plastic sole if I was worried about wearing out the sole, but I think I'll wait and do that if it wears down too much..I dunno if I like that it can be heard when I walk, kind of a womens thing but I guess it'd be stupid to have a rubber sole put on dress shoes that are intended to have a hard leather sole.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->