• The Red Carpet Highlights of... The 77th Annual Cannes Film Festival 2024!

• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Carmen Johnson

www.dantemarshall.com photoshoot with carmen

Photoshoot with Carmen @ Ford Chicago

Carmen's Debut Single ** Put Ya Hands Up **
Director - Gerard Victor

CarmenJohnson-AP12.jpg
CarmenJohnson-AP2%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Recording artist Carmen Johnson returns home to premier her new single and video for the highly anticipated "Put Ya Hands Up
andrewpotterphoto.blogspot.com

Carmen About Me

carmenpyhu.jpg

Carmen always knew she wanted to be a performer. She was born with a love for singing and dancing. Carmen was always shy but when she thought no one was looking the world became her stage. She was her own variety show, dancing around, singing and pretending to be different characters. Her parents started videotaping her as a toddler to have memories of their child, but those tapes now reveal that Carmen was mapping out her dreams. She was playful, reenacting scenes she saw on television and singing songs she heard on the radio. Her father nicknamed her silly girl.

Carmen showed a keen interest in photography, fashion and dance. Her love of art and computers led her to build her own website and many graphic design projects.
In high school Carmen began to take her dreams of a music career seriously. She sought out local Detroit producer and vocalist Hershel Boone (Kid Rock, Uncle Kracker and rapper T.I.) and began working on her vocal development. Together they recorded a few covers, one of which caught the attention of manager and family friend, JJ Cortez.

Having known Cortez since she was 13, she trusted that he would put it in the right hands. Shortly after, while Carmen was visiting Los Angeles, Cortez introduced her to his partners in The Clarity Group, Dan Faiman and Sundafu Kawah. She shared with them her vision and goals. She played them songs she had been working on and writing. She had thousands of images and ideas of what she wanted her style to look like. She talked about photographers, designers and stylist by name. “I am a very detailed person. I have a strong vision for what I want and how I want to bring my work to life as an artist” They immediately realized that Carmen was not just a girl with a pretty face who could sing, but that she was driven, determined and passionate. It was the perfect fit. A month later, with her parents blessing, she packed up all her stuff and with her mom drove her bright yellow Bug from Detroit to Los Angeles.

In Los Angeles, Carmen hit the ground running. To take her vocals to the next level she sought out famed vocal coach Nick Cooper of the Vocal Corner Store (Beyonce, Keyshia Cole, Katy Perry). Cooper, blown away at the young singers potential stated, “It’s been a joy witnessing both her vocal and personal transformation. Carmen captures your heart.”

Working with her team, she put her energies into creating her first EP. “I wanted to put the world on notice that I was coming” says Carmen. She went back to Detroit to work with native son Thaddeus Dixon to record the title song for the EP, “Shinnin”. In LA, she was introduced to hot up and coming producer Status and together they created the remaining sound that dominates her first EP. The very first song they recorded was “Put Ya Hands Up”, the up-tempo club banger that serves as the first single. Says Status: “She knew she wanted to come out of the gate with something to make people move and that she could move to too.” “She has amazing instincts, ideas and concepts.”

The smoking hot video for Put Ya Hands Up was shot by director Gerard Atillo at hotspot 29 Park in Novi, Michigan. It showcases Carmen dancing and lighting it up for the camera, something she is a natural at. “I feel completely comfortable performing in front of the camera, whenever the lights turn on I instantly come to life and give it my all”
introducingcarmen.com

Carmen BMI Urban Music Awards with Will.I.Am

will-i-am-carmen.jpg

introducingcarmen.com

Music Video Premiere BlastThatBoomBox by Boyplaya

74122_161652067199636_137550322943144_366344_260716_n.jpg

And it’s finally here, the world premiere debut music video from rising star Carmen Johnson titled “Put Ya Hands Up” has seen the light with an astonashing performance in wardrobe, outstanding dancing skills, and catchy tunes. The music video was shot in the month of October, and was edited and produced last week on November 23rd, by Gerard Victor. The was written and produced by Status, with the collaboration in co-writting by Bri Hatchett and Johnson herself.

The clip had an exclusive premiere last Saturday at a club called The Zone in Southland, Michigan were the dancing sweetheart smoothed things up at the red carpet with a warm welcome to the fans and signed some posters. Check the pictures below:
148498_170663092965200_137550322943144_418720_7606191_n.jpg

155989_170663036298539_137550322943144_418718_6397959_n.jpg

162936_170664836298359_137550322943144_418837_5533375_n.jpg

Carmen will release her debut EP titled Fly Away very soon, with tracks such as “Cinderella” and of course “Put Ya Hands Up”.

JESUS, JEHOVA AND ALL THE SAINTS UP IN THERE!
This is one of the best music videos I’ve seen in a very long time, it has everything, a cute intro, a killer choreography, it has it’s own style and without any more words, it’s just FIRE!

I loved this performance and energy that Carmen is bringing to the stage, you can easily notice when a singer/performer loves to dance, and this is what this girl has to offer, and with the words of a wise man i’ll say this (Status/Sundafu), SHE’S THE FULL PACKAGE!
Check her out you wont be dissapointed, i guarantee it :wink:
To know more about Carmen check her Official Website by clicking here.
Pictures above belong to Carmen Johnson & The Clarity Group
Link to this blog and other posts by Boyplaya :: http://blastthatboombox.blogspot.com/2010/11/music-video-premiere-carmen-put-ya.html
introducingcarmen.com

I went to high school with her! Really nice girl and stunning in real life. She attended the 2015 BET awards

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SnakePlissken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->