Carolina Herrera Resort 2016

marcBarna

Reaction score
By Kristi Garced
Resortwear at Carolina Herrera started with a feather illustration. “I adore feathers,” Herrera said. “It’s all about color and very simple shapes. Effortless.” That idea of lightness came through in the collection’s easy, minimalist proportions — a strapless minidress in layered chiffon, tea-length skirts in silk faille and exaggerated culottes in lightweight jacquard — done in shades of coral, red and pale blue, some embellished with appliqués or floral- and feather-print motifs.

Herrera’s lineup also included a few chic daywear offerings, such as silk floral-printed pants, tunics in tweed and cotton and plenty of matching separates, such as a red-and-white-striped skirt suit. For evening, Herrera worked a series of brilliant yellow looks against a black flower print, a bold and elegant contrast. But it was a pale blue cropped top and ball skirt — embellished with a single carnation at the waist — that encapsulated the collection’s delicate take on femininity.

wwd.com

I like the first part. Weirdly enough I find the black lace on the yellow fabric looks great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->