Catherine Zeta-Jones treated for Bipolar II disorder

Generally people with bipolar disorder are more intelligent than the average, so it's not all bad news :D A lot of artists seem to have bipolar disorder as well, but the last bit is just what I've noticed.

Generally people with bipolar disorder are more intelligent than the average, so it's not all bad news :D A lot of artists seem to have bipolar disorder as well, but the last bit is just what I've noticed.

The scary part though*, is that according to some new research, manic episodes shut down cognitive function, and over time a person who has a string of manic episodes will see their cognitive functions decrease, but yeah, being able to fill walls and walls and walls with drawings overnight without sleeping feels sooo good. It really truly does. :(. The medications really put a damper on that a lot. My doctor put me on a medication when I was in grad school that took me from being awesome, to only being able to form one word sentences, I was in grad school ffs :angry:.

* really, freaks me out, keeps me up at night, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is such a beautiful woman (and she reminds me of my mother so much) I really admire her for seeking help and raising awareness concerning this issue.

I agree. It's great that she is helping to raise awareness for it.

She has had a lot to deal with, I really feel for her, alot of people just don't understand mental illness, when someone has bipolar and/or is depressed people just think you are crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->