Celebs Who Carry Fake Handbags... Let's Discuss!

citychic90 said:
I wonder if the story is true, I find it hard to believe that celebrities can't tell the real from the fake, especially since they have definetly seen the real bag IRL.

loved your JS story..

probably, the need never really arose for them to be vigilant and learn the difference btw fake vs auth bags..

like.. does JS even know how to use ebay?:rolleyes:

Poshigirl...Thanks for the pix...I found them rather interesting...I never saw the brown fur spy with the green handles before so thats a bit questionable...the other brown spy is soo smooth from the side it feels fake...the rest i am not sure of ...

nicole's white balenciaga looks fake to me - perhaps that's the one mentioned earlier. The hardware connecting the strap to the bag is the wrong shape.

furry fendi :sick:

^ OMG, you are right about Nicole's bag... I never would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out... it's a VERY good fake though... that's the only thing that wrong with it that i can see. I've seen a few on Ebay before that have been that good... you couldn't even tell they were fake except for that tiny detail.

The lilac voyage looks authentic to me. I'm not sure about the birkin, anyone know? I'm surprised lindsey would carry a fake spy, she has like 6 other authentic spy's, why not 1 more? Another problem with the balenciaga is that the shoulder stap hangs down way past the bag, it doesn't do that on mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
shalu said:
^ LOL! well, it is Paris and Nicky!

I'm not sure about the special orders esp for 25% to 30% more.... I though LV doesn't cater to celebs. For example, they supposedly never give out freebies to celebs except maybe for the celebs in their campaigns (like JLo and Uma Thurman). Also, quite a few women who can afford to carry a lot of the LV bags can and will spend 25% to 30% more if it meant having a special unique bag and I don't just mean celebs... a lot of the wealthy women in NY and LA for example. And I don't think LV would allow this as it would become burdened if they had all these one-of-a-kind pieces being ordered.

anyone can get a special order bag, as long as they make it.
whatever you want has to have been made before (or okay'd by the special order department before the order is taken), able to be made (like the material has to work with the shape), and actually quality tested.....and as far as i know, you can't s.o. multicolor pieces or any of the 'seasonal' prints
if you go to your local LV store, they should have a book with tins of charts saying what can be made in what materials, ect.
LV used to let you totally customize the bags (i.e a monogram piece with epi handles), but i think that got too tedious...

the bags posted on these pages, though (mostly carried by nicky and paris..) aren't really special order bags, they're just blatant fakes of real bags. the dalmatien is fake, the tweedy is fake..i don't think the trompe l'olie is fake... but i'm not sure i haven't really seen tah one too much to beable to tell....i only know that both paris and nicky carry that bag a lot.

Nicky's trompe l'oeil is not fake - I have the same bag...I also have the larger version of the sac rabat dalmatien that Nicky is carrying. However, I couldn't vouch for the authenticity of her small dalmatien print bag as it looks kind of off - I'd say its fake. Britney had the small version too but hers was definitely real.

^^^

All real apart from Nicole's Balenciaga in the last pic. Not a hope in hell Sharon Stone would carry a fake when she's probably sent them for free (anyone else remember JS being sent a box of Celine bags gratis on Newlyweds?). Same with Hilary and Lindsay, and Hilary probably has more money than SS in the bank what with her years on tv, albums, films and merchandising!

this is really bothersome... I dont like fakes and the fact that these girls sport them makes it almost 'ok' to have a fake...

Pinky* said:
loved your JS story..

probably, the need never really arose for them to be vigilant and learn the difference btw fake vs auth bags..

like.. does JS even know how to use ebay?:rolleyes:
LOL. Good one Pinky! :lol: :lol: I agree with you, maybe they can't tell the difference.

I think that Nicky's LV trompe l'oeil can't be fake because if you look closer the background shows a LV Boutique... I don't think she goes in a LV store with a fake bag on her arm. The Lindsay's Cognac Spy is absolutely fake, the leather is too smooth!

I am amazed at how you girls can spot the fake items! Can someone share some tips on recognising fakes and identifying the reals?

Had not for this thread, I might never have suspected Paris Hilton of all people to be carrying fakes. *gasps*

citychic-I read an article in a past issue of Vogue that talked about the conditions in the sweatshops where fake bags and watches are made, and it brought a tear to my eye. These kids are locked in stuffy warehouses for 14 hours of the day. Their legs are broken so that they cannot go out and play. They probably also suffer from stuff like Carpal Tunnel because you have kids who are my age or my brother's age (14) doing small, menial tasks all day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->