Celine Menswear F/W 2024.25 Los Angeles

Wait also how can he be leaving rn or there be a major shakeup with merch if he’s made a new fragrance that hasn’t even come out yet…

An interesting and beautiful presentation. However, the clothes are presented too far away.

That was amazing. Creativity, people! It evokes so much but the desert + the boys reminds of My Private Idaho (that hedi probably loves).

Only Hedi could do romanticism this way.

Creativity? Is it a word that we can truthfully attach to Hedi’s work?
mmm i totally passionately disagree with love because i like reading your comments :-)

Yes he is creative, its his language we might find it repetitive but that's part of his creativity the repetition and fine tuning of his ideas as he himself said and it's his right as a creative to explore this more analog approach to design post his Dior work he left the idea of contemporary design for something more analog that is more true to past versions readapted for now he already cleared this up years ago that he is not interested in doing design for design sake.

His style is very clear and often copied if he is not creative, is Coco creative? she also repeat and is more concerned with style once she found her codes that Karl later emphasized even more. and now is a brand with strong codes.

In Art Rotho or Kooning etc are all celebrated for the gradut changes and repetition while a Picasso or a Richter had periods of different styles its same for me in fashion there are many ways to be creative and explore ones obsessions, we celebrate brand when they stay true to their codes but piss on ones that are trying to establish their style like Phoebe or Hedi, while other pump out trash every 3 months in the name of novelty design with no substance.

Do we see the clothes clearly no! is it radical no! will it speak to dose that wear it yes! it's just another chapter in a men's wardrobe every season or collection offers a architype story from the past , the surfer the skater the cowboy, the e boy, the rocker, mod, the punk, all anchored in music and pop culture and relevancy from the past to current time.

You can't create something that last without repeating it till perfection, you don't get to something timeless by throwing the past away constantly.
his creative goals are not like most creative directors at celine the project is more classic idea of his past obsessions because that's the root of Celine
at Saint Laurent 0.2 it was more the the vitality of rive gauche connected to the pop culture at the time but revisited in the lens of now as if Yves was born now ho would he be a rebel with in a paris couture setting of old ideas etc

context and background is important i feel in a sea of empty social media comments of split seconds reactions to creativity.

sorry i am sick in bed so i´m going off to long again lol

Why haven't the tiktok crusaders gone after him yet ? like the Balenciaga scandal was kicked off by that hot topic teddy bear, and Hedi literally is like "I like teenage boys" and it's radio silence.
Lmao, is this for real?

Fashion has been using teenagers for... decades? Why would they have to cancel Hedi? The cancel culture is so obnoxious fr. So a teenager can work as a bar waiter but can't do a show? Lmao, I don't understand this Gen Z world we are living in.

This collection reminds a lot of his Dior Homme collections and it does look like a farewell.

Tbh, for me Céline was not a fit for Hedi (even if they did amazing). I won't miss his Céline if he goes away, but I'd miss him. It's reassuring to have him expressing his vision somewhere, even if it's not relevant and even if it's repetitive. He is such an intelligent and unique man.

Reminds me of his FW06 show for Dior Homme. Similarly funereal, similar focus on tailoring and dressiness. I still feel that that Dior Homme show was superior. The world he showed was more convincing and there were legitimate propositions if you take it piece by piece. Like that cummerbund jeans. The soundtrack too was better.

The genius of his Celine was that it was everywhere and not at the same time. It was never the brand, in ways that Bottega or Balenciaga were; or even Loewe is, but Celine’s arguably selling better. You see his style and his products on the street, but it’s not really that talked about.

All in all even if I think his Celine period doesn’t leave much mark on his career, I guess he proved can define a woman’s wardrobe, even with him being limited on that front. I felt like on Saint Laurent his woman didn’t exist outside the bounds of the industry. I see his Celine woman in different continents.

If he retires, I’ll miss his exacting vision. No one had the guts and conviction to insist on what he did. We might be losing someone once in a lifetime on that end.

mmm i totally passionately disagree with love because i like reading your comments :-)

Yes he is creative, its his language we might find it repetitive but that's part of his creativity the repetition and fine tuning of his ideas as he himself said and it's his right as a creative to explore this more analog approach to design post his Dior work he left the idea of contemporary design for something more analog that is more true to past versions readapted for now he already cleared this up years ago that he is not interested in doing design for design sake.

His style is very clear and often copied if he is not creative, is Coco creative? she also repeat and is more concerned with style once she found her codes that Karl later emphasized even more. and now is a brand with strong codes.

In Art Rotho or Kooning etc are all celebrated for the gradut changes and repetition while a Picasso or a Richter had periods of different styles its same for me in fashion there are many ways to be creative and explore ones obsessions, we celebrate brand when they stay true to their codes but piss on ones that are trying to establish their style like Phoebe or Hedi, while other pump out trash every 3 months in the name of novelty design with no substance.

Do we see the clothes clearly no! is it radical no! will it speak to dose that wear it yes! it's just another chapter in a men's wardrobe every season or collection offers a architype story from the past , the surfer the skater the cowboy, the e boy, the rocker, mod, the punk, all anchored in music and pop culture and relevancy from the past to current time.

You can't create something that last without repeating it till perfection, you don't get to something timeless by throwing the past away constantly.
his creative goals are not like most creative directors at celine the project is more classic idea of his past obsessions because that's the root of Celine
at Saint Laurent 0.2 it was more the the vitality of rive gauche connected to the pop culture at the time but revisited in the lens of now as if Yves was born now ho would he be a rebel with in a paris couture setting of old ideas etc

context and background is important i feel in a sea of empty social media comments of split seconds reactions to creativity.

sorry i am sick in bed so i´m going off to long again lol
Maybe the term is easier to explain for me in French but while he is a creative, in a sense that he has a creative mind informed by culture and everything, there’s no quote on quote « creativity » in his approach.

And my comment has nothing to do with repetition. A style, an aesthetic, a language is developed through repetition.
I don’t even think I mentioned repetition in my critic.

I don’t find Hedi creative or inventive but in weird way that is really hard to explain, Celine, Saint Laurent is a creative project as a whole. The same for his photos and everything.

What I should say is maybe that there’s no more effort of creativity in his work. It’s curation at it extreme.

I liked it. Eh.

As already mentioned, it’s just his leftover last days of Dior Homme. But same old same old Hedi is still superior than anything else shoved out by the other major menswear brands. And glad he’s reclaiming the looks and the staples that everyone else stole from him. Those 2 diamonté coats are straightup stunning in all their hardcore couturey simplicity, and for them alone-- this collection gets a pass. And the classic tailoring throughout— from what brief glimpses are shown anyway, look divinely solid. No dumb oversized shoulders, silly overlong chiffon billowing like toilet paper, and coattails longer than women’s trains— in other words, none of Anthony’s reductive gimmicks passing as high fashion to sell midrange department-store basics, and boots with plastic heels. …This collection isn't for me-- then again, Hedi's sensibilities hasn't been for me for so long now-- and frankly, women would look superior in these Celine classics (except for the oddly-cut leather pants...) than all the twinks shown, but Hedi and his indie twinks are inseparable by now.

Creativity? Is it a word that we can truthfully attach to Hedi’s work?
In my view, yes. Ok, the creation here is not so much the design, it's more the worldbuiding of the brand.

The design of his Celine is more about recontextualizing (curating?) his codes, mixing it with accessories, perfume, the stores, photos, now he's doing these beautiful video presentations. I don't think it is as formulaic or devoid of creation as you suggest. But he's not challenging himself either.

Considering the women's collection video finally allowed a decent look at the clothes, it’s rather puzzling to see the men’s collection presented in a way where you barely get to see an exit for more than a second. Spending this kind of money on a presentation that doesn’t sufficiently display it’s dedicated fans the clothes they have been anticipating for months fails it’s purpose, it leaves the customer behind frustrated rather than inspired - This is particularly true to his asian fanbase, who are very much item-driven and most likely to buy key items from this look.

That being said, what we get to see of the fashion nicely sums up all that one could want from Hedi Slimane that can stand the test of time 20 years from now - I would take this over Thom Browne or Tom Ford without doubt and if Hermès ever desired an overhaul, I wouldn’t mind if Hedi succeeded both Veronique Nichanian and Nadège Vanhee-Cybulski.

gorgeous fashion film hedi was in his jean pierre melville and robert bresson bag, he went from paranoid park/elephant with that surf collection to a twinkified le samouraï in this

after watching the video im curious about 2 things: first, how a movie directed by hedi would look and feel like, second where tf did he find a twink cowboy lmao

^^^ That pocketsize cowtwink must be a first for Hedi: Who said he’s not introducing new elements to his sensibility anymore…

(But damn, those Celine-logo helicopters are slick AF. He knows how to make even the most utilitarian object look impossibly expensive and stylish. Like Karl with the Chanel logo/monogram before him, Hedi’s the only current working designer who insticntveily knows how to make a logo/monogram work ...And yes, he would work miracles for Hermes...)

gorgeous fashion film hedi was in his jean pierre melville and robert bresson bag, he went from paranoid park/elephant with that surf collection to a twinkified le samouraï in this

after watching the video im curious about 2 things: first, how a movie directed by hedi would look and feel like, second where tf did he find a twink cowboy lmao
I saw a bit of Jarmusch’s Dead Man also. So many references here from disparate sources - all good to me as I enjoy the layers…

Re: twink cowboys - check out Deep Springs College!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peppermilk
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->