Chanel ‘Coco Mademoiselle’ Fragrance 2023 : Whitney Peak by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Considering some people already thought that Keira is too old for the line, I guessed this was Chanel's answer. I mean age-wise she is the same age as when Keira got the job. But I don't know if this relationship is going to last long as Keira's tenure, everything about Chanel right now feels very short-term.

Campaign-wise, it's boring for a debut campaign. The angle doesn't work. The accessories are unnecessary and distracting.

I don't know if Chanel drop Keira yet, but if they do that would be a big mistake for them. Keira effortlessly embodies Chanel's aesthetic.
Imagine the plot twist of Keira going to Dior the same way Marion went to Chanel.

It’s definitely a Revolution…
I like this change. I loved when Kate Moss was the face of Coco Mademoiselle and Keira became herself the definition of that Fragrance.
Chanel tends to keep a good relationship with their spokeswomen.

I think Keira can do the Haute Joaillerie campaigns.

I’m more concerned by I&V shooting the campaigns.

This is major for her considering that she's up and coming.

With all due respect, this looks quite ordinary. She is beautiful but lacks presence for me. Also, what has she done in terms of films that has been interesting?

When Keira Knightley was chosen as the face of the perfume, she was a bonafide star by then, having made films like Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, etc etc.

With all due respect, this looks quite ordinary. She is beautiful but lacks presence for me. Also, what has she done in terms of films that has been interesting?

When Keira Knightley was chosen as the face of the perfume, she was a bonafide star by then, having made films like Pride and Prejudice, Atonement, The Duchess, etc etc.

Her most notable role was in the new Gossip Girl series, which was godawful and was recently cancelled. No upcoming projects, according to IMDb. I think she's extremely beautiful and not a bad choice for the campaign, but this particular image they chose is real forgettable. And her expression is just.... not it.

She looks…alcoholic there?

I like the video ad quite a bit, how could I not with the Amanda Lear music?! Still don't like the shot of Whitney in bed, but I she has promise and she seems like a Chanel girl. Not bad!

fragrantica.com

Last edited:
I like the videos far more than the print images, but it's interesting to see a new chapter starting for Coco Mademoiselle, where it goes - and how long it lasts.

Chanel without Jacques Helleu is borderline tacky.
They hold it on quite well for far since his death.
They relied heavily on Karl and the structure he created for a long time…

Now the new guard is a bit more weird…

Maybe they should have fill his position instead of having separate leadership for every activities. Eventually, Virginie is going to have more influence.

Jacques Helleu loved Cinema and every choice of actresses he chose as spokesperson was motivated by that. ‘Much like Margot Robbie, this can look like a bad cast but it’s up to Whitney to make something out of it. With the money she can make a clever choices for her career…

They hold it on quite well for far since his death.
They relied heavily on Karl and the structure he created for a long time…
Yes because Karl understood and respected Helleu's vision, he started to photograph the campaigns only after Helleu's passing. Now there are both gone, and it shows on Chanel's image, they really do need a visual editor.

Yes because Karl understood and respected Helleu's vision, he started to photograph the campaigns only after Helleu's passing. Now there are both gone, and it shows on Chanel's image, they really do need a visual editor.
He still wasn’t involved in beauty and the others activities but I don’t know how maybe through the influence of Maureen Chiquet or the Weirthemers, they worked with the people who worked with Helleu: Dominique Issermann, Patrick Demarchelier, Jean Paul Goude…etc.

At first the inclusion of Meisel in the Chanel landscape with the choice of Cotillard felt like a move to an interesting direction but now I don’t know.

Dior manages to have it two top selling fragrances with the same women for years. The change for Coco Mademoiselle seems a bit premature.
And tbh, Number 5 has had too many actresses compared to J’adore.

Chanel does feel a bit tacky indeed..

I mean, I don't mind the change but these images by I&V are just not cutting it.

the videos are cute and she’s a beautiful girl. Im sure that this parti-me contract will do some good for her career.

the pictures are also cute, they’re clearly trying to sell as well all those accessories too like they do in most Chanel Beauty ads.

He still wasn’t involved in beauty and the others activities but I don’t know how maybe through the influence of Maureen Chiquet or the Weirthemers, they worked with the people who worked with Helleu: Dominique Issermann, Patrick Demarchelier, Jean Paul Goude…etc.

At first the inclusion of Meisel in the Chanel landscape with the choice of Cotillard felt like a move to an interesting direction but now I don’t know.

Dior manages to have it two top selling fragrances with the same women for years. The change for Coco Mademoiselle seems a bit premature.
And tbh, Number 5 has had too many actresses compared to J’adore.

Chanel does feel a bit tacky indeed..

And no offense to Miss Peake, she's indeed extremely beautiful, but she's nowhere in her career compared to Knightley, Stewart and Cotillard when they joined Chanel, so that's a blatant attempt to get the Gen Z... I don't like the idea of Gen Z and Chanel mixing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blueskin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->