A Retrospective: Chanel under Karl Lagerfeld (1983- 2019)

I can't believe it!:shock: I've found two photos of a 82-83 fw fashion show! That can not be possible, I've always heard that his first Chanel show was ss83. What do you think?

The announcement of Karl's hiring was made by Chanel on Sept 15, 1982, and his first collection was HC S/S 1983 shown in January of 1983 at Rue Cambon... B)

Thank you for this thread!! As an avid Chanel and Karl lover this thread just makes me so happy!!

My pleasure. :wink:

I can't believe it again! This is driving me mad, I have just found some photos of a Chanel SS 77 HC collection! I'm pretty sure it's haute couture because it was showed in the same dates she used to...

Now I've found another one of 73-74 fall winter collection... It says that it was designed by KL. :shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at what the texts says, it's from another photo:

`Three fashion models wear haute couture evening gowns by German fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld for the Chanel fashion house. They modeled the gowns at the 1975-1976 autumn-winter fashion show in Paris.´

:shock:This is really strange!!!!!!!!

^ No, they are just mistaken...There were I think two different guys who did designs for Chanel after her death (I can find their names, if anyone is interested) but I never heard of them having shows- I was always under the impression that they were small things sent right to the stores- straining even the idea of a collection- more like just a bunch of clothes, and very few of them too...B)

Yes, in the 70's there were Chanel HC shows, so the number of pieces per collection (Chambre Syndicale) couldn't be small. I've seen a collection which has more than 90 looks...

^ I'm still confused...I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all of my old Vogues from 70s- maybe it would have some details...There must have been press coverage and ads if there were shows, right? :unsure:

In any case- maybe someone can help me..For some reason, I have become fascinated by the Cruise and Pre-Fall shows- they seem to be so interesting and creative...The earliest I have is maybe 10 pics from Cruise 2005/06, which was done in May of 2005- the one where Karl had the models get on and off the old buses all around Paris!:woot: Does anyone know where there might be more pictures? I can find pretty much none...Also-how many Cruise and Pre-Fall Shows/Collections have there been? Very hard to find info, I am afraid...Or I'm just not looking in the right places...:blink:

^ I'm still confused...I wish I hadn't gotten rid of all of my old Vogues from 70s- maybe it would have some details...There must have been press coverage and ads if there were shows, right? :unsure:

In any case- maybe someone can help me..For some reason, I have become fascinated by the Cruise and Pre-Fall shows- they seem to be so interesting and creative...The earliest I have is maybe 10 pics from Cruise 2005/06, which was done in May of 2005- the one where Karl had the models get on and off the old buses all around Paris!:woot: Does anyone know where there might be more pictures? I can find pretty much none...Also-how many Cruise and Pre-Fall Shows/Collections have there been? Very hard to find info, I am afraid...Or I'm just not looking in the right places...:blink:

I can look through my archives to see if there is anything, I mostly have 1980's Vogue Magazines, so I hope that's okay.

^^ Thanks- I appreciate anything you can find... I found several ads that are marked Curise 2005, but very little about the show...I take it he was doing a Cruise Collection of some sort before that but not a seperate show...:unsure:

scan0056.jpg

My scan from Elle.au a couple of seasons back...

This reminds me: This is from 2000... In 2005 Karl returned to Tokyo and a virtual riot occurred in the streets outside of the new Chanel store when he stepped outside!! :woot: :lol:

my scan from Elle.au 2000

^All I can say is WOW. Have any other pictures from that event?

^ The 2000 event or the 2005 one? I only have a few from 2005... :unsure:

ever since that couture show i've been waiting for designers to do boots THAT high! it seems like they finally decided to do it and now they are all over the runways... (maybe a bit too late no... "demodé, hmm?")

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->