Chanel Cruise 2019 : Penélope Cruz by Karl Lagerfeld

Is this a joke? Is it the actual campaign or like a supplement to it?

Such a colorful and youth-focused collection, and this is the campaign?!

Holy Photoshop! she looks like Letizia Ortiz...

Oh God! While not awful by any means, it's just so dull and lifeless. I'm already not the biggest Penelope Cruz fan, so for me this looks like something which should never have happened.

When is Karl retiring again????

Looks like someone took old images of her posing for Mango, and then superimposed Chanel clothing on top of whatever she was wearing.

I never liked her, what a waste of Chanel ad. He should shoot Luna, Adut or Grace, Karl's faves.

Gorgeous portraits, just as one would expect from a woman as gorgeous and photogenic as Penelope Cruz.

I've been looking forward to the outcome of this ever since the news surfaced Penelope was to become a Chanel brand ambassador. Does this feel like a Chanel campaign? No... more like a fragrance campaign of some sort. I was expectant of some variation, as opposed to there just being all portraits but I'm not complaining.

I find it chic and timeless...
But that doesn’t scream Cruise or even RTW campaign.
She could be selling beauty or bijoux...

Karl wanted her so much for N5 that it looks like a N5 campaign.

I wish it was done in color but at the same time, I wish it was done in a boat so...

« La Pausa » sweater is going to be a hit!

I prefer this to Vuitton.

Wow, they photoshopped her into oblivion. Her Mango ads are a hundred times better than this.

I love Penelope, I've always had a soft spot for her, but the pictures don't look good. They don't do her justice. She looks harsh.

Chanel ads have gotten so boring...there's no creativity or story to them, it's literally like they insert their current muse (Penelope in this case, Margot etc.) into the collection, snap a few pictures and are done. This looks nothing more than an advertorial, and a cheap one at that.

The first side on shot with the shadow is nice, the rest is just very questionable.

Are these outtakes from "The Little Black Jacket"? Not joking.

Oh God! While not awful by any means, it's just so dull and lifeless. I'm already not the biggest Penelope Cruz fan, so for me this looks like something which should never have happened.

When is Karl retiring again????

Benn you are surely the most relentlessly negative poster on these forums. It's completely astonishing to me - I can't understand what you enjoy about fashion when you seem to be so disappointed by everything you see here.

Although ... in this case ... I agree completely. hahaha. Except I am actually a Penelope fan, but still yeah - dull and lifeless. And totally nonsensical to the spirit of the collection, imo.

Benn you are surely the most relentlessly negative poster on these forums. It's completely astonishing to me - I can't understand what you enjoy about fashion when you seem to be so disappointed by everything you see here.

tumblr_nq112fPV6I1rdutw3o1_400.gif

But seriously, lol, you make it sound like I disparage everything that's posted on here just for the sake of it, which is not true. I like most of the content posted in The Edit, I'm obsessed with UK Harper's, Glen Luchford x Gucci, and I want Vogue Australia and Steven Meisel to succeed. Even when someone like Rihanna delivers great shots, like she did for Garage, I acknowledge that. At the very least I always try to explain why I don't like something. Maybe the people working in fashion right now should just, I dunno, pull up their socks and put a bit of effort and pride in what they do. You have a major photogenic actress (can't abide her, but I won't deny that she's not photogenic), star stylist, an immensely strong and thematic collection and this is what we get??? A series of lookbook shots masquerading as a campaign? If Karl cannot bother to push the creativity of his photographic work then he shouldn't be photographing at all. Give the job to someone else. But he won't, because it's all about ego.

So no. Cute attempt at a drag, but no.

Gif: Wifflegif.com

Last edited:
This collection is amazing and I was expecting some outdoor shoots near the sea/river/canal whatever, a certain mood like Prada 2006 FW.

i know some pply may find me offensive by saying this...but isn't Penélope a little bit too old and sophisticated for such young collection?
i mean they have Margot Robbie freshly on board, she could be more than just a coco neigh face

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->