Chanel Eyewear Cruise 2023 by Melodie McDaniel

TunHakii

Reaction score
Photographer: Melodie McDaniel
Models: Blesnya Minher, HyunJi Shin, Lyna Khoudri, Mariam de Vinzelle & Vivienne Rohner

chanel.com
at-edge.com

Every once in a while they manage to put together a solid campaign with a good photographer and a seemingly promising direction and the very next season they hire someone random and utterly terrible to shoot the campaign and we end up with stuff like this. Consistency people, consistency. Come on!

In a matter of very few years they managed to obliterate decades of unattainable legacy. Stamp an H&M logo over this and none would be the wiser. We can't even compare it to Zara anymore, because Zara has become the standard somehow. Pfft

^ more like Marie Claire.

This is basic and i'm not sure why they're so fixated with this photographer.

It reminds me of what Alasdair McLellan did for Miu Miu, except this is the generic Tik Tok version.

Chanel's advertising now resembles a counterfeit copy of itself, composed of materials with a cheaper feel which won't withstand repeated use.

This looks so terrible and forced. They need Rianne back.

This photographer clearly has no idea about composition (of groups shots or portraits in general), posing, lighting or anything pertaining to fashion photography. Even the color grading is different from one shot to the next.

it’s so bad that instead of hurting it’s cringey.
the models are posing terribly and the photography is mediocre.

when there are so many stronger models imo his cast was a mistake. photographer and models too.

is this an official campaign for counterfeit chanel? it very much looks like it!

Looks like a Vogue France editorial.

it really does. I love that you specified Vogue France and not Vogue Paris, because it's accurate.

The clothes looking one way is one thing, but the photography here is amateur at best.

this is scary!!! more like a duty-free employees doing a Chanel campaign of a pair of sunglasses that came to their duty free shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->